How To: Use CM 11 Custom ROM To Install Android 4.4 KitKat On The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
In this post, we are going to show you how to unofficially get Android KitKat on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 by installing a custom ROM.
There has been no official word as to when an update to Android 4.4 KitKat will be available for the Galaxy Note 2 but, until then, we can install CM 11 custom ROM to get a taste of KitKat.
Prepare your device
- Only use this guide with a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100.
- Charge battery to around 60-80 percent.
- You need to have root access on your device.
- You should have TWRP recovery installed on your device. Use it to make a backup of your current system.
- Back up important contacts, SMS messages and call logs.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never held responsible.
- Android4 KitKat CM 11 Custom ROM: cm-11-20131116-Linaro-n7100.zip
- Gapps for Android 4.4 KitKat:Download HERE.
- Place the downloaded ROM.zip and gapps.zip on the SD card of your device.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery. First turn it off then turn it back on by pressing and holding down the volume up, home and power buttons.
- In TWRP recovery: Install>Zip files>Choose the ROM’s zip file that you placed
- Install the file. It could take a while so just wait.
- When the file is installed, do the same thing for the gapps.zip.
- When gapps is installed, reboot the device. You should see the CM logo. The first boot could take a while so just wait.
NOTE: If you get stuck in bootloop, just boot into TWRP recovery and wipe factory data/cache/dalvik cache from there.
Have you installed Android 4.4 KitKat custom ROM on your Galaxy Note 2?
Share your experience in the comments box below.