Apple iPhone 6s And Samsung Galaxy S6 :Samsung is hell bent on proving that it can produce top internal hardware in its devices and Apple has come…
Difference Between Apple iPhone 6s And Samsung Galaxy S6
Samsung is hell bent on proving that it can produce top internal hardware in its devices and Apple has come forward with an upgrade from iPhone 6 to iPhone 6s. What will be the outcome when the Apple iPhone 6s And Samsung Galaxy S6 are made to stand against each other? Read on to find out.
- Both Apple iPhone 6s And Samsung Galaxy S6 have been design in a very stylish way. Cutting edge and premium, it is very difficult to decide which device to choose from.
- The physical material of 6s is pure aluminium which is of top notch quality; making it very durable. Another thing is it’s sleek classy look.
- The physical material of the S6 is glass and metal. The back surface is very shiny.
- Both Apple iPhone 6s And Samsung Galaxy S6 feel sturdy in hand.
- S6 measures 6.8mm in thickness while 6s measures 7.1mm. S6 is a tad sleeker than 6s.
- Measuring 4 x 70.5mm in length and width, S6 is comfortable for one hand use but more comfortable is 6s measuring138.3 x 67.1mm.
- 6s weighs 143g while S6 weighs 138g.
The screen to body ratio of 6s is 65.6%.
- The screen to body ratio of S6 is 70%. S6 has a more impressive screen to body ratio.
- 6s has a 4.7 inch screen while S6 has a 5.1 inch screen.
- The button arrangement beneath the screen for both Apple iPhone 6s And Samsung Galaxy S6 is almost the same. S6 has a rounded rectangular Home button and 6s has a circular Home button. The Home button has a finger print scanner on both devices.
- The buttons for Menu and Back functions are on either side of the Home button on S6.
- Both of them have power button on the right edge and volume rocker button on the left edge.
- On the bottom Edge of 6s and S6 you will find the micro USB port and the 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Both Apple iPhone 6s And Samsung Galaxy S6 have a non removable battery.
- 6s is available in colours of silver, space gray, gold and rose gold.
Display (Apple iPhone 6s And Samsung Galaxy S6)
- The display size of S6 is 5.1inches while for 6s it is 4.7inches.
- The display resolution of 6s is 750 x 1334 pixels, with pixel density at 326ppi.
- S6 has the QuadHD display resolution at 1440 x 2560 pixels and the pixel count goes to 577ppi.
- S6 has Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen.
- The color calibration for both the screen is good.
- The pixel count is noticeable as the S6 screen has sharper details.
- eBook reading is a fantastic experience on the S6.
- The 4.7 inch screen of 6s feels a little cramped in comparison.
- The color temperature of 6s is 7050 Kelvin and for S6 it is 6584 Kelvin.
- Maximum brightness of both screens is around 550 nits.
- Minimum brightness of S6 is 2 nits while for 6s it is 6 nits.
- The Samsung screen can be used even with gloves on.
- Both displays are great for multimedia activities.
- The viewing angles are good.
- S6 has Exynos 7420 chipset system.
- The processor on S6 is Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57.
- Mali-T760MP8 is the GPU.
- The RAM specification onS6 is 3GB.
- iPhone has Apple A9 chipset system.
- The installed processor is Dual-core 1.84 GHz Twister.
- The RAM on iPhone is 2 GB.
- PowerVR GT7600 (six-core graphics) is the GPU on 6s.
- The response time of iPhone is better than Samsung because of the lower pixel count.
- The gaming experience is equally amazing on both Apple iPhone 6s And Samsung Galaxy S6, the performance on Samsung is fast owing to the 3GB RAM.
Memory & Battery
- iPhone has 3 versions of built in memory; 16 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB.
- S6 also has 3 versions of 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB.
- Both of the devices do not have a slot for expendable storage.
- 6s has a 1715 mAh while S6 has a 2550mAh non removable battery.
- The constant screen on time score for S6 is 7 hours 14 minutes while for 6s it is 8 hours 15 minutes.
- Option for wireless charging is available on S6; it takes 3 hours.
- The rear camera on iPhone is of 12 MP.
- The rear camera on S6 is of 16 MP.
- The selfie camera of both devices is 5 MP.
- The camera app of both handsets is very neat, they do not have any excessive features other than the regular HDR mode, Panorama mode etc.
- Double tap of the Home button on S6 will take you straight to the camera app.
- Outdoor image from both devices are mostly same, S6 gives slightly more details.
- Indoor image quality is also same on both handsets, both of them provide images with warm colours.
- Both cameras can record HD and 4K videos.
- iPhone 6s runs iOS 9 which is to upgradable to iOS 9.0.2.
- The S6 runs Android OS, v5.0.2 (Lollipop) operating system, which can be upgraded to Android 5.1.1.
- TouchWiz interface has been applied on S6.
- The call quality on both handsets is not good enough, the earpieces are simply average.
- The speakers are very loud on S6.
- The media player on both devices is easy to used.
- The gallery app on both devices does not offer many features.
- The communication features are present on both devices Bluetooth 4.1 and 4.2(S6), NFC, Wi-Fi, LTE.
- Infrared blaster is present on S6 which can be used as a remote control.
- Safari browser on iPhone is faster than the Samsungs own customized browser.
- iPhone has the new 3D touch, which can make distinction between soft and hard touch.
It was one hell of a competition between the two devices. Both of them have been crammed with specifications. Up till now both of them have been on equal grounds; design and build of both handsets is fantastic, performance on iPhone is faster, display of S6 is sharper, camera is equal, S6 comes in 32 GB, battery of iPhone is more durable, it all comes down to the price. iPhone 6s costs $650 while S6 is $50-$100 cheaper. Our pick of the day is Samsung but you can obviously choose which ever you found better after reading the review.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below