Difference Between Apple iPhone 6s Plus vs Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
If you were presented with two of the best devices of the year 2015, what will be your pick? It must be difficult to make a choice on iPhone 6s Plus vs Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+.
So here is the fully detailed review in order to understand what these two devices are made of.
Build (iPhone 6s Plus vs Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+)
- The design of S6 edge+ is very pleasing to the eyes on the other hand iPhone 6s plus is pure aluminium metal, the design is not as elegant but it is till impressive in its simplicity.
- The edge functionality of S6 edge+ is very impressive. It is the first phablet that has a curved edge screen.
- The physical material of the S6 edge+ is metal and glass. It feels robust in hand. Gorilla Glass protects the front and back.
- The physical material of 6s Plus is pure aluminum which is of top notch quality. The back of 6s plus has matte finish.
- Both the handsets are slippery in hand because of their build.
- S6 edge+ is a fingerprint magnet but then again the apple logo can’t stay smudge-proof either.
- 6s plus has a 5.5 inch display while S6 edge+ is a 5.7 incher.
- The screen to body ratio of 6s plus 67.7%.
- The screen to body ratio for S6 edge+ is 75.6%.
The thickness of 6s plus is 3mm while that of S6 edge+ is 6.9mm hence the latter feels a little bit more sleeker.
- 6s Plus weighs 192g while S6 edge+ weighs 153g.
- Below the screen you will see a physical button for Home function on both handsets. The Home button also acts as a fingerprint scanner.
- The edge button positions are very similar, power button on both handsets is on right edge.
- Volume rocker button is on the left edge.
- Micro USB port, headphone jack and speaker placement on both handsets is on the bottom edge.
- On the left edge of 6s plus there is a mute button.
- S6 edge plus comes in colors of Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, Silver Titan and White Pearl.
- 6s plus comes in colours of gray, silver, gold and rose gold.
Display (iPhone 6s Plus vs Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+)
- S6 edge+ has a 5.7 inch Super AMOLED display screen.
- The resolution of the device is 1440 x 2560 pixels.
- iPhone has a 5.5 inch LED IPS display. The resolution is 1080 x 1920 pixels.
- iPhone has a new Pressure Sense technology named 3D touch, that can make distinction between Soft touch and hard touch.
- The pixel density of S6 edge+ is 515ppi and that of 6s plus is 401ppi.
- The display of S6 edge+ is sharper due to higher pixel density.
- S6 edge plus is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
- S6 edge+ has maximum brightness at 502 nits and the minimum brightness is at 1 nit.
- Maximum brightness of 6s plus is 593nits and minimum brightness is at 5 nits.
- Viewing angles of both the devices are very good.
- There are a number of display modes to choose from on S6 edge+.
- Overall the display for both devices is great for multimedia activities like video view and image viewing, web browsing and eBook reading.
Performance (iPhone 6s Plus vs Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+)
- 6s plus has Apple A9 chipset system.
- iPhone has a Dual-core 1.84 GHz Twister processor.
- The processor is accompanied by 2 GB RAM.
- S6 edge+ has Exynos 7420 chipset system.
- The processor on it is Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57.
- The graphical processing unit is Mali-T760MP8.
- It has 4 GB RAM
- The performance of both handsets is very smooth.
- S6 edge+ can handle heavy games pretty nicely.
- The graphic unit of Apple is a little better than Samsung’s, but Samsung has proved the power of its processor. There is not even a single lag in its performance, multi-tasking with Quad HD display is not an easy task but Samsung handled it pretty nicely.
- 6s plus excels in single core performance while S6 edge+ is better at multicore performance.
- There is just a tiny fault with 6s plus, multitasking seem to put a bit pressure on the processor.
Memory & Battery (iPhone 6s Plus vs Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+)
- 6s plus comes in three versions of built in memory; 16 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ comes in two versions in terms of the built in memory; a 32 GB version and a 64 GB version.
- Unfortunately memory cannot be enhanced on both devices as there is no slot for external storage.
- S6 edge+ has a 3200mAh non removable battery.
- 6s plus has a 2750mAh non removable battery.
- The constant screen on time for S6 edge+ is 9 hours and 29 minutes.
- The constant screen on time for Apple is 9 hours and 11 minutes.
- The time to charge the battery from 0-100% on S6 edge+ is 80minutes while on 6 plus it is 165 minutes.
- The battery life of S6 edge+ is superior to 6s plus.
Camera (iPhone 6s Plus vs Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+)
- 6s plus has a 5 megapixels front camera, on back there is a 12 megapixels one.
- The camera has a dual LED flash.
- The camera app does not have many features but the few it has are excellent.
- S6 edge+ has a 16 megapixel camera at the rear while on the front there is a 5 megapixel camera.
- The camera performance of S6 edge+ is very very fast. No stutter was noticed.
- The feature of autofocus is gives instant on S6 edge+.
- Optical image stabilization feature on S6 edge+ is also great.
- Double tap on the Home button takes you straight to the camera app.
- The camera app in S6 edge+ is remarkable. It is filled with features and tweaks.
- The image quality on the front camera is very good.
- The camera has a wide aperture so group selfies are not a problem.
- Images quality from S6 edge+ is good; colors are pleasing to the eyes, details are sharp and clear.
- The images produces by iPhone give more natural colours as compared to Samsung.
- The color calibration of the images in by both handsets is very impressive.
- The front camera of S6 edge+ wins from iPhone. The images are more detailed and clear on S6 edge+.
- S6 edge+ is a clear winner in the camera app.
- S6 edge+ runs Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) operating system.
- 6 plus runs iOS 8.4 which is upgradable to iOS 9.0.2.
- Samsung has used its trademark TouchWiz interface.
- The Android interface is very flexible and comes with tons of features which are loved by all.
- The apple interface is very simple. There are not many features to boast of.
- Fingerprint scanner is embedded in the home button on both devices.
- The edge functionality on S6 edge+ is very impressive.
- Both handsets support 4GLTE.
- Browsing experience is fantastic on both devices, the Safari browser is a smoother in terms of scrolling zooming as compared to Chrome.
- S6 edge+ supports the features of dual band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, Beidou system, NFC, GPS and Glonass. 6 plus also has all these features except Beidou.
- The call quality on both devices is excellent.
- Browsing experience is fantastic on both devices; the Safari browser is a bit smoother in terms of scrolling zooming as compared to Chrome on Note 5.
Both of the devices are excellent. Samsung deserves it’s praise here, it has done a great job, Camera, battery life, display, performance and design are all ahead of iPhone 6s plus. iPhone is just an inch from the winning line, but S6 edge+ is a winner.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below