Introduction of a Comparison Between Apple iPhone 6s and LG G4
Let us go to the comparison between Apple iPhone 6s and LG G4. On one side is the successor of iPhone 6 with some significant upgrades, and on the other side is the leather clad LG G4 which reminds us what was good about old handsets. So how will they fare when they are put in the same cage? That is a question which can be answered through this review.
- The design of LG G4 is a little simple where as the design of iPhone 6s feels very premium in comparison.
- The physical material of 6s is pure aluminium which is of top notch quality. It is very durable in hand.
- The 6s has a flat front and back but LG G4 has a curved back.
- The back plate of G4 has leather covering but underneath it all it is actually plastic. The plastic might impress you a little but bear in mind that it is very durable and long lasting. It can even handle a few drops.
- LG G4 Pure does not feel very premium but it is a good looking device.
- 6s weighs 143g while LG G4 weighs 155g, so LG G4 is a little heavier in hand as compared to 6s.
- 6s has a 4.7 inch display and LG G4 has a 5.5 inch display.
- LG G4 measures 9 x 76.1mm in length and width while 6s measures 138.3 x 67.1.
- 6s measures 7.1mm in thickness while LG G4 measures at 9.8mm, so it feels a tad chunky in hands.
The major thing is that the screen to body ratio of LG G4 is 72.5% while that of 6s is 65.6%. This means that there is a lot of bezel above and below the screen on 6s. LG G4 is a complete winner in this field.
- LG G4 has a better grip due to the leather back whereas 6s is somewhat slippery.
- Apple logo on the back of iPhone cannot stay smudge proof.
- The navigation buttons for LG G4 are on the screen while for iPhone there is the trademark circular Home button beneath the screen.
- Power and volume keys can be found on the back of LG G4.
- As for comparison between Apple iPhone 6s and LG G4, iPhone power key is on the right edge and volume keys are on the left edge.
- Dual speakers, headphone jack and USB port are present on the bottom edge of the iPhone.
- The speakers for LG G4 are present above the screen.
- LG G4 is available in Grey, White, Gold, Leather Black, Leather Brown and Leather Red.
- 6s is available in colours of silver, space gray, gold and rose gold.
Display Comparison Between Apple iPhone 6s and LG G4
- iPhone has a 4.7 inch LED IPS display. The resolution is 750 x 1334 pixels.
- iPhone has a new Pressure Sense technology named 3D touch, that can make distinction between Soft touch and hard touch.
- LG G4 has 5.5 inch IPS LCD touch screen.
- This device also offers Quad HD(1440×2560 pixels) display resolution.
- The pixel density of LG G4 is 538ppi while that of 6s is 326ppi.
- The color temperatures of LG G4 is 8031 Kelvin while that of 6s is 7050 Kelvin. The color temperature of 7050Kelvin is more accurate as it is closer to the reference temperature (6500).
- The maximum brightness of 6s is 550nits while that of LG G4 is 454nits.
- The minimum brightness of 6s is 6nits while that of LG G4 is 3nits.
- Viewing angles of both the devices are very poor.
- The color calibration of iPhone is better than LG G4.
- The pixel density of 538ppi on LG G4 accounts for much sharper display as compared to 6s.
- The screens are good for eBook reading and videos.
Camera Comparison Between Apple iPhone 6s and LG G4
- 6s has a 5 megapixels front camera, on back there is a 12 megapixels one.
- The camera has a dual LED flash.
- The lens of 6s has a sapphire crystal cover.
- The camera app does not have many features but the few it has are excellent.
- LG G4 has a wide lens of 1.8 apertures of 16 MP Rear Camera and 8 MP Front Camera.
- It has a single LED flash, laser autofocus.
- The feature of optical image stabilization is present in LG G4, iPhone lacks this.
- The white balance is adjusted on LG G4 by a color spectrum sensor placed beneath the LED flash.
- 6s has a new feature of live pictures that turns photos into short videos. These videos can be viewed in the gallery.
- Both the cameras are excellent for selfies.
- The G4’s selfie camera has a larger aperture so group selfies can be accommodated easily.
- Both devices can now record HD and 4K videos.
- Apple phone can shoot videos of unlimited length it there is free storage while LG G4 can only shoot five minute video at a time.
- The videos from both cameras are very detailed.
- LG G4 camera gives natural colours while 6s gives warm colours.
- 6s has a narrower aperture as compared to LG G4.
Performance Comparison Between Apple iPhone 6s and LG G4
- iPhone has Apple A9 chipset system.
- The installed processor is Dual-core 1.84 GHz Twister.
- The RAM on iPhone is 2 GB.
- PowerVR GT7600 (six-core graphics) is the GPU on 6s.
- LG G4 has Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808 chipset and Quad-core 1.44 GHz Cortex-A53 & dual-core 1.82 GHz Cortex-A57 processor.
- The graphic unit which has been used is Adreno 418.
- The performance of both handsets is very fast. G4 has a higher resolution that is why it is a tad slower than 6s.
- 3D gaming is more fluid on iphone as compared to LG.
- Daily tasks are performed very easily on both devices.
Memory & Battery Comparison Between Apple iPhone 6s and LG G4
- 6s comes in three versions of built in memory; 16 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB.
- The built in storage of LG G4 is 32 GB.
- The memory cannot be increased on the iPhone but there is an expendable storage slot in LG G4.
- 6s has a 1715mAh non removable battery.
- G4 has a 3000mAh removable battery.
- The total screen on time for G4 is 6 hours and 6 minutes.
- The constant screen on time for 6s is 8 hours and 15 minutes.
- The charging time from 0 to 100% for G4 is 127 minutes. It is faster than iPhone.
- G4 supports wireless charging.
- 6s runs iOS 9 operating system which is upgradable to iOS 9.0.2.
- LG G4 runs Android Lollipop operating system.
- The multimedia player of LG G4 is less cumbersome as we don’t have to connect to iTunes for smalls tasks.
- The editing apps on both devices are very good.
- The music player on 6s is more fun due to Apple integration.
- LG G4 accepts any kind of music and video format.
- The speakers on LG G4 are louder than 6s.
- Both devices have excellent call quality.
- The features of aGPS, Glonass, LTE, dual band Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth are present in 6s.
- LG G4 supports a micro SIM while 6s supports a Nano SIM.
- Safari browser on 6s is smoother as compared to the browser on LG G4.
- The feature of fingerprint scanner of 6s is very useful.
- The double knock feature to open and lock the screen on LG G4 is very useful.
- LG G4 has an Infrared blaster can also be used as a remote control.
Both the devices are good, both of them have their own limitations. In comparison between Apple iPhone 6s and LG G4, the design of both devices is different so it depends on your tastes. G4 has larger display but 6s has a more accurate one, performance of G4 is just a little slow if you are not into games then it will be more than enough, biggest advantage of G4 is that it comes with expendable storage and removable battery, the camera of iPhone is excellent and its battery life is also better. In the end our pick of the day is iPhone 6s.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below