The LG G-Pad was announced in September 2013. This is not a GSM device, you get no cellular data on it, but it works with Wi-Fi. The device ran Android 4.4.2 Kitkat out of the box and it’s supposed to get an update to Android 5.0 Lollipop.As of the writing of this post, there has yet to be an official update released for the LG G-Pad to Lollipop but there are already some custom ROMs available. One of these is “CM 12 Custom ROM” CyanogenMod 12. CyanogenMod 12 is based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
In this post, were going to show you how you can install CM 12 Custom ROM Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Custom ROM on an LG G-Pad. Follow along.
Prepare your device:
- This guide and the ROM are only for a LG G-Pad.
- Charge your battery to at least over 60 percent.
- Unlock the device’s bootloader.
- Have a custom recovery installed. Afterwards, use it to make a backup nanroid.
- You need to use Fastboot commands to install this ROM. Fastboot commands only work with a rooted device. If your device isn’t rooted yet, root it.
- After rooting your device, use Titanium Backup
- Backup SMS messages, call logs, and contacts.
- Backup any important media content.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, CM 12 Custom ROM and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
CM 12 ROM: Link
- Connect the device
- Copy and paste the two downloaded files to the root of your device’s SD card.
- Open device in recovery mode by following the steps below:
- Open a command prompt in the fastboot folder
- Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose the type of custom recovery you have and follow one of the guide below.
For CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery:
- Use Recovery to make a backup of your ROM. Go to Back-up and Restore, choose Back-up.
- Return to main screen.
- Go to advance and choose Dalvik wipe cache
- Go to Install zip from SD Card. You should see another window open.
- Choose wipe data/factory reset.
- Choose zip from SD card.
- Select the CM 12 Custom ROM “CM12.zip” file first.
- Confirm you want the file installed.
- Repeat these steps for the Gapps.zip.
- When installation is finished, choose +++++Go Back+++++
- Now, select Reboot now.
- Tap Backup option.
- Select System and Data. Swipe confirmation slider.
- Tap Wipe Button.
- Choose Cache, System, and Data. Swipe confirmation slider.
- Return to main menu.
- Tap install button.
- Find the CM 12 Custom ROM “CM12.zip” and the Gapps.zip.
- Swipe confirmation slider to install both files.
- When the files are flashed, you will be prompted to reboot your system. Select Reboot Now.
Have you installed this CM 12 Custom ROM in your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.