Review of the Motorola Droid Razr
What an approach to enter the Christmas season. Verizon Wireless has all of a sudden ended up with apparently three of the most blazing Android cell phones of the year, as the Christmas shopping season starts. HTC Rezound, the “Pure Google” Samsung Galaxy Nexus and what unites us today – the Motorola Droid RAZR.
Yes, the RAZR – the phone that turned out to be as banality as it was once famous – has been reawakened in the cell phone period. What’s more, it ought to shock nobody that Android is at the heart of its resurrection.
What’s more, Motorola, which drove the walk toward more slender, lighter and greater cell phones over a year back with the Droid X, has switched things up again with the RAZR. In any case, Let us see what does this blazing phone has to offer.
Motorola Droid RAZR Hardware
- The Droid RAZR absolutely proceeds with the doings of 2011 that is following the thin, light, and enormous mantra. However whereas the design is concerned it’s much the same as the Droid X and X2. Just a little more modified throughout the months, and altogether thinned down. It’s got the outward bulge at the very top of the camera however it’s far less observable.
- The phone is wide enough but still it just weighs 4.48 ounces.
- With a phone that is square in shape, you may anticipate that it will have a larger than usual display size but fortunately, that is not the case here. The Droid RAZR has a simple 4.3-inch Super AMOLED screen with the qHD (540×960) pixel. Furthermore, in a word, it’s flawless. It looks incredible, basically. You may at present incidentally see a little bit of fluffiness on the edges of text styles.
- Right on the top of the display are the Motorola logo and phone’s earpiece containing a light sensor with an obscure notification light. There’s a primary camera of 1.3MP too.
- Right underneath the display there are four buttons for home, menu, back and to search.
- The headset jack and microphone is located on the top of the phone.
- The power button has now available to the right-hand side it has a little texture on it and we have the volume button just under it.
- On the left side, there is a flap that will open revealing a space for LTE sim card and MicroSD card of up to 16 GB.
- It has a textured back with an 8Mp camera and logo printed at its back with the logo of Verizon and LTE 4G.
- The Droid RAZR is supercharged by a TI OMAP 4430 dual-core processor running at 1.2 GHz. In a word, it’s quick in regular use as a Smartphone.
- Do not fret about the benchmarks or whether you are using both cores because your phone will look after that for you.
- The expected data speed from Verizon is there it works really fast however the shift between 3G and 4G can cause serious issues and can also lower the speed.
- The most amazing fact is that whenever you are in the range of a Wi-Fi connection you were once connected to. Droid will connect you again even if you do not need a Wi-Fi.
- You have got 2.5 GB storage for the apps and 8GB internal storage for pictures, music books and other files.
- There is also an option of expanding your storage through 16GB microSD card slot but that means whenever you will connect it to your computer it will show two drives.
- The Motorola Droid Razr has a 1780 mAh battery, which isn’t in an excessively poor condition. In any case, – and there is a major “but” – you cannot replace it with new charged fresh battery whenever the things do not work according to your needs and wishes.
- Motorola Droid supports LTE 4G and among the things that we have learned about LTE in past couple of months, we have come to terms with the fact that LTE drains the battery as quickly as a thirsty crow can empty a water pot. The most important thing is that it has not changed a bit till now it still consumes the same amount of battery.
- Now coming towards the option of saving battery. Motorola has a couple of options through which you can save your battery but the last choice is up to you i.e. if you want to opt for those options.
- All the android users and LTE users are now acquainted with all the do’s and donuts they know how to make their device work properly.
- If your device hangs in the middle of an operation or a battery issue comes up all you have to do is hit the power button and it will cure the disease.
- The essential home screen experience is unaltered from other Motorola phones. There is three application easy routes or we can say shortcuts and the application drawer button landed to the base of the screen. You can replace the docked application by tapping and hanging on to them.
- There is five home screen available to place in your favorite widgets, app shortcuts, and app icons.
- The center one will have the most important and highlighted contact app icon whereas the other two home screens will remain empty shedding the light on the fact that the home screens are less cramped up and provide complete authority to the users to make it their own.
- Verizon has loaded Razr with dozens of preloaded apps that might infuriate you these apps will be seen a lot the list of the apps is as follows
- Amazon Kindle
- Let’s Golf 2
- Madden NFL 12
- My Accounts
- My Verizon
- NFL Mobile
- Slacker Radio
- Smart Actions
- Social Location
- Social Networking
- Task Manager
- V CAST Tones
- Verizon Video
- Video Surf
- Voice Command
- VZ Navigator
- Along with these apps, you may also see Google Talk and YouTube pre-installed.
- There is an app known as moto print which will also be seen and can prove to be really useful it allows the user to connect the printer wirelessly through phone or computer.
- The smart app is also one of the commonly seen and the most complicated app which tweaks your settings however it can be very useful. But if you are not used to it you might take a while to get your hands on it.
- Music and moto cast app is also very helpful it allows you to sync music from your computer but the thing that should always be kept in mind is that the phone does not have storage in gigabytes hence the storage is the part of being concerned about.
- You also have a choice among keyboards and the motor multi-touch keyboard is kind of a skinned version of gingerbread.
- Droid Razr has an amazing 13 Mp camera with lots of mode and options.
- For a gadget, this thin and light the features are up to the mark with one touch. You can easily switch between rear and front camera and same is the case between video and camera mode. We were longing for physical shutter button however sadly it is not present.
- You have few options to choose from that include panorama landscape, night, sports, sunset, and macro. There is no HDR support so droid has to rely on a third party app for it. However, the other options like panorama and macro works fairly well.
- The picture quality is also pretty fine it is better than droid bionic. Droid by default captur the scene is 6Mp however this can be changed by tweaking few settings.
- It makes a fair video till 720p however when it is upped to 1080p it lags and creates issues but for most of the users, 720p is more than enough.
Some Important features:
- The outer speaker is pleasant and loud, pretty much as we’d anticipate from Motorola.
- Moto proceeds with the strangeness of having 15 volume ventures from quiet to loud.
- The Motorola Droid Razr has a “Rest” mode notwithstanding Airplane Mode. Rest sends it into some low-power rest and close down the radios. It wakes speedier than a full reboot.
- The Motorola Droid Razr touts a “splash monitor.” It may keep a mellow splash of water from destroying the gadget. Yet with the 3.5 mm earphone jack and microUSB and HDMI ports left uncovered. I wouldn’t propose washing up or anything.
- The Motorola Droid Razr lives up to expectations with the Motorola Lap dock so you can run a full form of Firefox as opposed to utilizing a legitimate portable workstation.
- There’s encryption accessible, which ought to fulfill IT offices.
- Call quality is also adequate.
Motorola Droid Razr: The Verdict
Conclusively Motorola Droid Razr is definitely one of the best android phones to look out for. The modification and advancements made in the device are awe inspiring and this makes the gadget worth a try. Feel free to send in your queries or messages will get back to you soon.