Xiaomi Mi4 Review
Xiaomi (pronunciation: show me), a very famous brand in China is now taking it’s initial steps in the international market through Xiaomi Mi4. Can they make their mark in the international market with their new flagship handset? Read the full review to know the answer.
The description of Xiaomi Mi4 includes:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 2.5GHz Quad Core processor
- MIUI 5 (KitKat 4.4.2) or MIUI 6 Beta (KitKat 4.4.4) operating system
- 3 GB RAM, 16-64 GB internal storage and no expansion slot for external memory
- 2mm length; 68.5mm width and 8.9mm thickness
- A display of 5 inch and 1920 x 1080 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 149g
- Price of £200 16GB version, £250 64GB
- The design of the handset is very smooth and stylish.
- The build quality is strong and durable.
- It has the feel of iPhone handsets.
- The handset is comfortable for hands and pockets.
- Weighing 149g it feels a bit heavy.
- The metal strip along the edge divides the front and the back.
- There is a headphone jack on the top edge and a micro USB port on the bottom edge.
- On the right edge there is a power and volume rocker button.
- The left edge houses a well sealed slot for micro SIM.
- The front fascia has three touch sensitive buttons for Home, Back and Menu functions.
- The back plate cannot be removed so the battery cannot be reached either.
- The handset offers a 5 inch screen.
- The screen has a 1920 x 1080 pixels of display resolution
- The text clarity is great and the colours are vibrant and sharp.
- The screen is ideal for activities like video viewing, web browsing and eBook reading.
- The back holds a 13 megapixel camera.
- On the front there is an 8 megapixel camera.
- Both cameras can record videos at 1080p.
- The snapshots produced by the camera are of high quality and the colours are bright and vibrant.
- The camera has the features of HDR and Panorama mode.
- The handset has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 2.5GHz Quad Core processor along with 3 GB RAM which is indeed very powerful.
- There might be not enough words to describe the performance of Mi4, the performance is buttery smooth.
- The processor simply flies you through heavy tasks. High end games are lag-free, not even a single lag was encountered.
- The processor seems to handle the high resolution display pretty nicely.
Memory & Battery
- Mi4 comes in two versions, one of them has 16 GB of built in storage while the other one has 64 GB.
- The memory cannot be increased as there is no slot for memory card.
- The 3080mAh battery is simply excellent. It can easily get you through a day.
- One version of the handset runs MIUI 5 (KitKat 4.4.2) operating system while the other one runs MIUI 6 Beta (KitKat 4.4.4) operating system.
- The handset runs a customized version of the Android User Interface called MIUI. The design of MIUI is very much similar to iOS. It comes with all the features of Android KitKat AOSP.
- The design and style of this user interface is different.
- It has the feature of AC Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0.
- There are custom apps for Root Access, Updating, Permission and Security.
- Mi4 does not support LTE.
- The MIUI devices do not have Google services but it is not really a problem as Xiaomi App Store (Mi Market) has an app which installs the Playstore and Google services.
Xiaomi Mi4 has top notch has top notch hardware and specifications; you can’t really find any fault in the device. It has the best of almost everything. The entrance of Xiaomi in the international market might prove to be a dangerous for the leading developers like Samsung and LG.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below