Xiaomi Mi Note Pro Review
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 it has been gaining popularity as the leading phablet in US, Xiaomi Mi Note Pro has been keeping watch over its success. Xiaomi Mi Note Pro is also a tablet packed to the brim with specification and features, but can it compete the Note 5?
Read the full review to know the answer.
The description of Xiaomi Mi Note Pro includes:
- Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 chipset
- Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2 GHz Cortex-A57 processor
- Android OS, v5.0.1 (Lollipop) operating system
- 4 GB RAM, 64 GB storage and no expansion slot for external memory
- 1mm length; 77.6 mm width and 7 mm thickness
- A display of 7 inches and 1440 x 2560 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 161 g
- Price of $480
- The design of the handset is easily impressive and subtle at the same time.
- The physical material of the handset is metal and glass.
- The corners are nicely rounded and the back plate has also been given a slight curve which gives it a good grip.
- The back panel is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- The bezel above and below the screen is a little more than we would like.
- Below the screen there are three touch sensitive buttons for Home, Back and Menu functions.
- There is a well sealed slot for dual SIM on the left edge.
- Power and volume button are on the right edge.
- Micro USB port is on the bottom edge.
- Headphone jack is on the top edge.
- Speaker placement is also on the bottom edge next to the port.
- Camera is on the top right corner on the back.
- There is also a notification light above the screen.
- At 7mm it feels very sleek in hand, much slimmer than Note 5.
- At 161g it is not very heavy; at least it is lighter than Note 5.
- It is available in three colours of black, white and gold.
- The handset offers a 5.7 inch display screen.
- Xiaomi has come forward with Quad HD display resolution.
- The screen is also protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- The pixel density is 515ppi.
- Text is very clear and everything displayed on the screen is supremely detailed.
- Maximum brightness is at 424 nits while minimum brightness is at 3 nits, which is actually a little less than Note 5.
- Colour calibration of the screen is very decent. Colours are bright and vibrant.
- The handset has Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 (64bits) chipset system.
- Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2 GHz Cortex-A57 is the processor.
- Adreno 430 is the graphic processing unit.
- The handset comes with 4 GB RAM.
- The processing is absolutely stunning.
- The performance is feathery light.
- It can handle even the most competitive, most heavy and graphically advanced games.
- Its performance is even better than Note 5.
Memory & Battery
- The device offers 64 GB of internal storage.
- The case about the lack of SD card is not new so there is not much problem with it.
- A 3000mAh non removable battery is present.
- The battery is not very powerful.
- It scored a mere 5 hours and 23 minutes of constant screen on time.
- The charging time is very fast with only one hour and 23 minutes.
- On the rear there is a 13 megapixels camera.
- On the front there is a 4 megapixels camera.
- The features of dual LED flash and optical image stabilization is present.
- Swiping left and right I the camera app will bring up various filters and modes.
- The images are highly detailed and colours are almost perfect.
- Indoor pictures are also beautiful.
- Videos can be recorded both in HD mode and 4k mode.
- Videos are not very detailed.
- Note Pro runs Android OS, v5.0.1 (Lollipop).
- Xiaomi is still running MIUI 6.0 skin.
- The phone is filled with bloat ware.
- The interface is almost nice.
- The handset has the features of dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, aGPS with Glonass and NFC.
- The call quality is very good.
The phone is fully packed with specifications; everything will be very pleasing as long as you have no problem with MIUI. Of course the handset is not available in US you might have to import it but if you ask me the experience is definitely worth it. The only real fault we noticed was in the battery life other than that the performance, display and design are amazing.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below