Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Review
The compact version of Xperia Z3 is here. Can it prove that size does not really matter? Read the full hands on review to know the answer.
The description of Sony Xperia Z3 includes:
- Snapdragon 801 quad-core 2.5GHz processor
- Android 4.4.4 operating system
- 2GB RAM, 16 GB storage and an expansion slot for external memory
- 3 mm length; 64.9 mm width and 8.6 mm thickness
- A display of 6-inch and 720 x 1280 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 129g
- Price of £349
- Design-wise Xperia Z3 compact is similar to the original Xperia Z.
- The corners are curved, the glass back is present but there is no aluminium frame.
- The physical material of the handset is plastic so the design does not feel premium.
- Physically the handset feels robust and durable.
- There is a round silver power button at the centre of the right edge.
- The front fascia has no buttons.
- Camera button is also on the right edge.
- The volume rocker button is on the left edge.
- The back plate has Sony branding.
- The backplate cannot be removed so the battery cannot be reached either.
- Headphone jack and micro USB port are also present.
- The handset offers 4.7 inch screen.
- The display resolution if the screen is 720 x 1280 pixels.
- The pixel density is of 319ppi which is more than enough for this screen size.
- The colours are vibrant and sharp.
- Text clarity is good.
- Image and video viewing is pleasurable.
- The rear holds a 20.7 megapixels camera.
- The fascia holds a 2.2 megapixel camera which is disappointing.
- Videos can be recorded at 1080p and 2160p.
- The snapshot quality is fantastic.
- Colours sometimes seem washed but most of the time they are perfect.
- The pictures are very good in low light conditions.
- The handset has a Snapdragon 801 quad-core 2.5GHz
- The processor is accompanied by 2 GB RAM.
- The performance is buttery smooth with all the tasks but a small amount of lag was noticed during multitasking.
Memory & Battery
- The handset has 16 GB of built-in storage.
- The memory can be enhanced by a microSD card of up-to 128 GB.
- The 2600mAH non-removable battery will get you through two days of low to medium use. Medium to heavy use will get you through a day without any charge.
- Sony Xperia Z3 Compact runs Android 4.4.4 operating system. There is no news of updates.
- Sony has applied its own custom Android skin, which is different from stock Android.
- There are a number of useful apps.
- The features of Dual band Wi-Fi, hotspot, DLNA, NFC and Bluetooth are present.
- The handset is 4G supported.
On the whole there are a few faults with Xperia Z3 compact but these are only visible if you compare it to Xperia Z3; the design, camera, RAM and battery have been downgraded but for what it’s worth the offered specifications are amazing, you won’t be able to find a better camera at the same price. If you have no problem with the smaller size then you might want to consider Sony Xperia Z3 Compact.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below