Sony Xperia U includes:STE Dual core 1GHz processorAndroid 2.3 operating system512MB RAM, 6GB internal storage and no expansion slot for external memory
Sony Xperia U Review
Another handset has been introduced in the budget market with some really good specifications. Can these specifications make it stand out from the crowd? Read the full review of the Sony Xperia U to know the answer.
The description of Sony Xperia U includes:
- STE Dual-core 1GHz processor
- Android 2.3 operating system
- 512MB RAM, 6GB internal storage and no expansion slot for external memory
- 112mm length; 54mm width and 12mm thickness
- A display of 5-inch and 480 x 854 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 110g
- Price of $204
- The build of Sony Xperia U has something of a style to it, which is different from what we are used to.
- With 112 x 54 x 12mm dimensions it is the smallest of the Xperia range which includes Xperia S and Xperia P.
- Measuring 12 mm in thickness the handset feels a bit bulky even though it is relatively small in size.
- Weighing only 110g Xperia U is very light.
- The body feels solid and durable. The material of the chassis is definitely very good.
- There are a volume rocker button, a power button and a shortcut camera button on the right edge of the handset.
- The headphone jack is on the top edge while the microUSB connector is on the top left edge.
- There is a clear strip beneath the screen which has embedded symbols for Home, Back and Menu functions. These symbols can be activated by touching the dots above them.
- On tapping the button beneath the screen the colour of the clear strips changes to according to the theme, which comes in blue, green, white, mauve, gold and red.
- Sony Xperia U comes in a variety of colours owing to the replacement caps.
- The SIM card slot is on the right edge of the back plate.
- There is no microSd card slot.
- Xperia U comes with 480 x 854 pixels of display resolution on a 3.5-inch display screen, which is pretty impressive.
- The colours are bright and sharp, which cater for great video viewing and web browsing experience.
- The 280ppi gives great clarity. For what it’s worth the display is very impressive.
- The back houses a 5-megapixel camera while the front holds a VGA one.
- Video recording is possible as 720p.
- The feature of flash is also available.
- The snapshot quality is not that great but it is passable.
- The dual-core 1GHz in Xperia U was unexpected.
- The performance is very fast and the response is quick.
- The handset comes with 512MB RAM which can’t handle heavy tasks but does well with everything else.
- Xperia U is still running Android 2.3, which is somewhat disappointing.
Memory & Battery
- Xperia U has 8GB of built in memory of which only 4 GB is available to the user.
- The handset does not support microSD card which is the biggest problem with this phone. The 4GB storage is simply not sufficient.
- The 1290mAh battery will get you through a day of full use.
The overall specifications of the phone are great excluding the memory field. The performance with the dual-core 1GHz processor is very fast, design is good and the battery life is durable. The price can definitely make us overlook some of its faults.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below