Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Review
Sony has assaulted the budget market with Sony Xperia M2 Aqua, style and protection now come in one device. To know more read the full review.
The description of Sony Xperia M2 Aqua includes:
- 2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system
- 1GB RAM, 8GB storage and an expansion slot for external memory
- 130mm length; 72mm width and 6mm thickness
- A display of 8-inch and 960 x 540 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 149g
- Price of £125
- The design of the handset is very smooth and attractive. The trademark design features of Xperia range are visible.
- It looks more expensive than it really is; the back plate is very shiny.
- The physical material of the handset is plastic but it feels robust in hand.
- The handset is available in three colours of white, black and purple. All of which are stunning.
- IP68 certifies that it is dust and water resistant.
- Even when the device is soaking wet it can be used to its full potential.
- The backplate cannot be removed so the battery cannot be reached either.
- The silver round power button present on the right edge of the handset has become Xperia’s trademark feature.
- There is a well sealed slot for micro SIM and microSD card on the right edge.
- The volume button and the camera button are also present on the right edge.
- The headphone jack and the USB slot are also sealed nicely.
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua also offers a 4.8 inch display screen just like Xperia M2.
- Considering the latest trends 960 x 540 pixels of display resolution is poor.
- The colours are bright and crisp.
- Text clarity is not very good.
- Video and image viewing experience is passable.
- The back holds and 8 megapixels camera.
- Disappointingly the front holds a VGA camera.
- The back camera shoots video at 1080p.
- The images are vibrant and sharp.
- There are a very large number of camera settings that are very interesting.
- Superior Auto is a function that has the ability to recognize 36 different scenarios furthermore it alters the settings in accordance with the scenarios.
- There is also a feature to reduce the effect of the back lighting.
The camera will certainly not disappoint you on social networking sites
- The handset has 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad-core
- The processor supports 1GB RAM.
- The performance of the handset is very smooth with almost all the tasks and multitasking was a dream. The only jerk we noticed was during the downloading of large files.
- The touch is also very responsive.
Memory & Battery
- Xperia M2 has 8 GB of internal storage of which less than 4 GB is user-available.
- The storage can be augmented by the addition of a microSD card.
- The 2330mAh batter is very powerful. The battery life is good; it will easily get you through a day.
- Xperia M2 runs Android 4.3 operating system.
- There is an app called AR Photos, which really adds a new dimension of entertainment to your photos.
- Some pre-installed apps like Sony Select, News &Weather etc are very useful.
- The feature of Near Filed Communication, DLNA, hotspot and Wi-Fi are also present.
The bottom line
For what it is worth Sony Xperia M2 Aqua is a very useful handset. It has a very reasonable price and it performs nicely in almost all the fields. The build, processor, camera, battery and features are impressive. The display and memory are a little disappointing but at £125 it is not much of a problem.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below