A Closer Insight of this Ericsson Xperia Pro
Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro comes with a QWERTY keyboard, Is this a good alternative for text addicts and businessmen? Read our full review to find out.
The description of Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro includes:
- Snapdragon 1GHz processor
- Android 2.3 operating system
- 512MB RAM together with 1GB built-in storage with a microSD
- 116mm length, 57mm width as well as 13mm thickness
- A display of 7-inch and 480 x 854 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 142g
- Price of £306
- The material of the body feels a bit plasticky.
- Xperia Pro has a slide out keyboard. The keys are very comfortable to use, they are well-sized, well-lit and clearly distinguishable from one another.
- Furthermore, Xperia Pro is noticeably thicker owing to the inclusion of QWERTY keyboard. For example, at a time when people are going for the more sleek phones, this one might make you stand out.
- The keyboard is a little cramped at the top.
- Weighing 142g it is definitely lighter than most.
- There is a dedicated camera button on the side, which is a bit tricky to using because the keyboard sometimes slides out when we try to use it.
- A 3.5mm headphone jack available at the top edge.
- There are three buttons beneath the screen for Home, Menu and Back functions.
- Xperia poly comes in three colours; black, silver and blood red.
- For video calling, there is a VGA camera at the front.
- The 8.1-megapixel camera sits at the back which gives high-quality snapshots.
- Features of Geo-tagging, Touch focus, LED Flash and Face/Smile detection are also available.
- You can capture videos at 720p.
- The 7-inch with 480 x 854 pixels display resolution has sharp colours.
- Moreover, Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine has again worked its wonder.
- Video viewing and web browsing experience is good.
Memory & Battery
- There is 1Gb of built-in storage of which only 320MB is available for the user. While an 8GB microSD card comes with the handset to fulfil the memory needs.
- The 1500mAh battery will easily get you through a day of heavy usage.
- 1GHz processor along with 512MB RAM ensures smooth processing without any glitch.
- All the basic features of Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, Radio as well as microUSB port are there and working.
- Additionally, Ericsson Xperia Pro is Flash supported so on-net video viewing is possible.
- There are a number of third-party apps like the Office Suite, which are very useful.
- Ericsson Xperia Pro runs Android 2.3 and has Sony Ericsson’s trademark Android skin.
- The sound quality is amazing.
Ericsson Xperia Pro: Conclusion
Overall Xperia Pro offers a very solid package: build and design are good, the keyboard is very impressive, performance is pretty fast and the camera is up to date. Moreover, if you need a physical keyboard this handset is the one for you. Finally, Xperia Pro is perfect for typing addicts and business users.
Have a question or want to share your experience? You can do so in the comment section box below