The Newest Sony Xperia Arc
The Xperia Arc is Sony Ericsson’s newest smartphone. They haven’t been able to take the lead on the smartphones in a long time, but the firm is hoping that this new model will change that.
The description of Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc includes:
- Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon 1GHz processor
- Android 2.2 operating system
- 512MB RAM, 320MB ROM and an expansion slot for external memory
- 125mm length; 63 mm width and 7mm thickness
- A display of 2 inches and 854x 480 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 117g
- Price of £412
- The build of Xperia Arc is very neat.
- Measuring only 8.7mm in thickness, it is one of the thinnest handsets present nowadays.
- It is slightly thicker at the top and bottom edges, the contrast between the silver side panels and midnight blue back is also very clever.
- Considering its size, Xperia Arc is very light weighing only 117g.
- The physical material is plastic but it feels robust and durable.
- An HDMI port at the top for external connections.
- Three buttons beneath the screen for Xperia’s usual Back, Home and Menu functions.
- There is a slot for SIM and microSD card beneath the back plate but hot swapping of the SD card is not possible without removing the battery.
Memory & Battery
- 320MB ROM is a letdown, but Sony Ericsson has tried to make up for it by providing an 8GB microSD card.
- If you are a frugal user the battery will easily get you through the day, but it might need an afternoon top with heavy use.
- A 4.2-inch screen with 854x 800pixels display resolution is better than average display quality.
- The colors are bright and sharp.
- It is great for video-viewing and web-browsing. Picture quality and clarity are excellent.
- Mobile Bravia Engine has really helped it reduce the noise distortion and increase the picture clarity.
- The large screen is good for typing and emailing, but the single functions of the keys are an annoyance.
- There is an 8MP camera at the back; it does not give a great snapshot quality.
- Features of autofocus, LED Flash, geo-tagging and face/smile detection are available. There is nothing out of the ordinary.
- The real disappointment is that there is no front camera. So you can’t expect the feature of video calling from Xperia arc.
Some of the Sony Ericsson’s trademark qualities can be found in Xperia Arc.
- Xperia Arc has skinned Android 2.3, which is not different from what we have seen in the past in other Xperia handsets.
- The Timescape application is also present which brings together Facebook, Twitter and Facebook updates in one place.
- There are five home screens, which can be customized to your choices.
Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc: The Verdict
Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc is smart, robust and is designed to fit precisely into the user’s hand. The best of Sony technology is inside Xperia Arc. The design is good and the performance is fast. The battery gives a little trouble. Overall it lacks the wow factor, but it’s good for users who do not have very high demands.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
you can do so in the comment section box below