A Closer Look of Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
Can the waterproof version of Samsung Galaxy S4 be as big a hit as the Galaxy S4 itself? Can it deliver more? Read on to find out.
The description of Samsung Galaxy S4 Active includes:
- Qualcomm 1.9GHz quad-core processor
- Android 4.2.2 operating system
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage and an expansion slot for external memory
- 7mm length; 71.3mm width and 9.1mm thickness
- A display of 5-inch and 1080 x 1920 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 153g
- Price of £486
- The design of Samsung Galaxy S4 Active is similar to Galaxy S4, with curved edges and smooth backplate with metal finishing except that little ruggedized.
- IP67 Certificate guarantees protection against dust and water, the handset can submerged in one-meter deep water so the phone can easily used in rain shower without worrying about the damage.
- There are three physical buttons beneath the home screen for Home, Menu and Back functions.
- As compared to S4, the thickness of S4 Active enhanced to 9.1mm to ensure protection.
- Weighing 153g, the handset feels a little heavy in the hand.
- Volume rocker button is on the left edge while the power button is on the right edge.
- On the bottom edge there is a USB port; in order to use it under water, the seal must be tightly closed.
- The backplate can removed to reach the battery, SIM, and microSD card slot.
- On the top the headphone jack, it is not sealed but it is completely water resistant.
- The handset offers a 5-inch display screen with 1080 x 1920 pixels of display resolution with TFT technology.
- The colours are vibrant and the text is sharp.
- Video viewing, web browsing, and eBook reading experience is excellent.
- The back holds an 8-megapixel camera while Galaxy S4 had a 13-megapixel camera.
- The size of the aperture is f2.6.
- The camera can also be used under water.
- Videos can be recorded at 1080p.
- The performance of the camera is also lag free.
- The resulting images are is great.
- The camera specifications of Galaxy S4 Active match a great deal to Galaxy S3.
- There is a 1.9GHz processor along with 2 GB of RAM.
- The performance is stunning; no lags were encountered during any task.
Memory & Battery
- The 16GB of built-in storage of which 11 GB is user available. The original Galaxy S4 also had 16 GB of storage but only 9 GB was available to the user.
- The memory can be increased by the use of a micro SD card.
- The battery life of the handset is marvellous; the 2600mAh battery will easily get you through a day of heavy usage.
- The handset supports Android 4.2.2 operating system.
- Active TouchWiz of Galaxy S4 , which admired many users.
- There are many S-branded apps.
- The sensors for humidity and thermometer are not included as in S4.
- There are also a number of gestures that don’t actually work.
- The touch does not work under water.
There is very little difference between the price of S4 and S4 Active. S4 Active certainly tougher in build quality as compared to S4, water and dust resistant helps it stand out from the S4 series. All the other specifications also good and the camera quality almost negligible. Samsung Galaxy S4 Active can definitely recommended over Galaxy S4.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below