Samsung Galaxy Pro includes:Qualcomm 800 MHz processorAndroid 2.2 operating system512MB of internal storage and an expansion slot for external memory
Samsung Galaxy Pro Review
Samsung has produced many smartphones that’s why when producing mid-range headset nothing different about them. To find out if Samsung Galaxy Pro has changed that trend please read the full review.
The description of Samsung Galaxy Pro includes:
- Qualcomm 800 MHz processor
- Android 2.2 operating system
- 512MB of internal storage and an expansion slot for external memory
- 6mm length; 66.7mm width and 10.65mm thickness
- A display of 8 inches and 320 x 240pixels display resolution
- It weighs 106g
- Price of £209.99
- Samsung Galaxy Pro is physically different from all the mid-range phones produced by Samsung.
- Galaxy Pro has a compact screen and QWERTY keyboard. This look is unusual for Samsung but it is good, it might give a good competition to Blackberry devices.
- There are four touch buttons for Home, Back, Menu and Search function.
- The keyboard is excellent to use. Considering the size of the handset the keys are large and each one is distinguished so they are easy for fast typing. Almost all the keys have secondary functions which are easy to use.
- There is also a cursor bank on the bottom left side.
The points that need improvement:
- The 2.8-inch display screen is a letdown. It is too small, not at all perfect for Android to function properly.
- With 320 x 240pixels the display resolution is low.
- One has to go through a lot of scrolling to get around. It is pretty annoying.
- Numerous problems are encountered during web browsing, messaging and contact searching owing to the small screen.
- The screen changes its orientation on flipping in hand, but alternative orientation is not good either as there is not much difference in the length and width dimensions.
- Samsung Galaxy Pro has been omit the oldest pinch to zoom feature. As a result, this tidbit makes web browsing extremely agonizing.
- Double tap function or the zoom icon is used to zoom, which is needed during because of the low resolution.
- There is a 3-megapixel camera at the back.
- The pictures are good but not that great.
- You can record videos at 320 x 240 megapixels.
- Due to the absence of flash indoor picture colors are not good.
Memory & Battery
- 512MB of built-in memory along with a 2GB microSD card is more than enough for frugal users.
- Furthermore, the battery life is pretty good, it will easily get you through a day of heavy use.
- There are three home screens, each having four permanent shortcuts sitting on the right side.
- Moreover, the four shortcuts dialler, contacts, messaging and apps list; are pretty handy and take up very little space on the screen.
- HSDPA network support 2Mbps of downloads.
- Features of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS are also available.
- The 800MHz processor gives smooth processing without any lags.
Samsung Galaxy Pro: The Verdict
Overall Samsung Galaxy Pro could have been a great phone if the screen had not been so constricted. The screen is the real letdown while the design, build, and performance of the phone are excellent.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
you can do so in the comment section box below