Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Review
Samsung has completely changed the way it used to design its handset, compared to its latest designs handsets like S1 and S2 might seem boring and dull. Last year Samsung had released Note 4, which was full of specifications but now Samsung has released its latest phablet Samsung Galaxy Note 5 which is completely different in looks to what Samsung used to produce. Is the new design enough to win hearts ?
Read on to know the answer.
The description of Samsung Galaxy Note5 includes:
- Exynos 7420 Chipset system
- Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57 processor
- Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop) operating system
- Mali-T760MP8 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB storage
- 2mm length; 76.1mm width and 7.6mm thickness
- A screen of 7 inch and 1440 x 2560 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 171g
- 16 MP rear camera
- 5 MP front camera
- Price of $740
- Note 5 has been designed in a modern way by Samsung, it is definitely the best designed handset in the galaxy series, this is not a small thing to say
- The design of Galaxy Note 5 is extremely exquisite and elegant. Note 4 also had metallic build but it was not as good as this.
- The physical material of the Note 5 is purely glass and metal. When light bounces off the shiny surface it gives shimmery effect.
- On the front and rear of Note five there is a Gorilla Glass covering, the backplate is shiny. It is a perfect example of modern aesthetics.
- The bezel is metal trimmed.
- The handset is a little slippery due to the glass.
- The shiny surface of Note 5 is a fingerprint magnet.
- The device has a 5.7 inch display.
- The screen to body ratio of Note 5 is 75.9% which is very good.
- Note 5 weighs 171g, making it very light for a phablet.
- Note 5 measures 7.5mm in thickness, making it the sleekest phablet in the market.
- Power button on Note 5 is on the right edge.
- Volume rocker button is on the left edge.
- There is a rounded rectangular button beneath the screen for Home function. This button has a fingerprint scanner incorporated into it.
- On either side of the home button there are touch buttons for back and menu functions.
- Micro USB port, headphone jack and speaker placement is on the bottom edge.
- On the left edge of Note 5 there is a slot for stylus pen that has the cool new push to eject feature.
- Note 5 comes in Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, Silver Titan and White Pearl colours.
- Note 5 has Super AMOLED display of 5.7 inches. The screen has Quad HD display resolution.
- The pixel density of the device is 518ppi.
- The display is very sharp, and all the details are clearly visible.
- Maximum brightness of Note 5 is 470nits and minimum brightness is at 2 nits.
- The colour temperature of the screen is 6722 Kelvin, it is very close to the reference temperature of 6500k.
- The screen has remarkable viewing angles.
- The colour calibration of the screen is excellent, the shades are very natural.
- The screen is great for media viewing activities and eBook reading.
- The chipset system on Note 5 is Exynos 7420.
- Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57 is the processor.
- The processor is accompanied by 4 GB RAM.
- The graphic unit is Mali-T760 MP8.
- The processing of the device is absolutely stunning.
- The graphic unit can handle very advanced graphics.
- The response is very quick.
- Due to the large RAM refreshing is not required very often.
- Even the Quad HD display cannot give it any jerks.
Memory & Battery
- Note 5 comes in two version of built in memory 32 GB and 64 GB.
- The memory of Note 5 cannot be increased as there is no slot for microSD card.
- Note 5 has a 3000mAh non-removable battery.
- The total screen on time for Note 5 is 9 hours and 11 minutes, which is much more than its predecessor Note 4.
- The charging time from 0 to 100% for Note 5 is 81minutes.
- The handset supports wireless charging.
- The battery will easily get you through the whole day, even after a full day 25% of charge still remains.
- Note 5 has a 16 megapixel camera on the back while the front holds a 5 megapixel camera.
- Both cameras have f/1.9 aperture.
- The handset has 2 main modes; Auto mode and Pro mode.
- Double tap of the Home key will take you straight to the camera app.
- There are many features like slow motion, fast motion, HDR, Panorama, virtual shot and selective focus.
- There is also a feature that allows you to make video collage by cutting snippets of videos.
- The images are very detailed and their colours are close to natural in ideal lighting conditions.
- In low light condition the colours are a bit warm.
- Videos can be recorded in 4K and HD mode.
- The videos are very detailed.
- The mice works perfectly.
- The Optical Image Stabilization worked nicely. Note 5 did a great job at reducing the noise.
- The handset runs Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop) operating system.
- Samsung has applied its trademark TouchWiz interface.
- The Android on Note 5 is very flexible and comes with tons of features which are loved by all.
- Fingerprint scanner is embedded in the home button on Note 5 devices.
- Note 5 comes with a stylus pen, there are so many features you can explore with this pen. This is what makes Note 5 stand out among the crowd.
- Auto eject mechanism is great in times of instant need of pen.
- There is the new feature of Air Commands.
- You can even write when the screen is off.
- Writing on PDF is also possible with Note 5.
- The call quality of the handset is very good.
- The speakers on Note 5 are not as powerful as its predecessor.
- The video player and the music player are very helpful.
- The gallery app has a number of editing tools.
- Various features of GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth 4.2, dual band Wi-Fi, 4G LTE and NFC are present.
- The browsing experience on Note 5 is very smooth.
- There are a lot of themes and icon designs to choose from,
In the box you will find:
- Samsung Galaxy Note5
- Wall charger
- SIM removal tool
- microUSB cable
- Warranty card
- Quick start guide
On the complete inspection of Note 5 we conclude that it is a fantastic device. There is so much more than the new design, of course the new design is stunning you will be surely proud to have Note 5 in your hands, moreover the performance is great, battery life is amazing, camera gives awesome shots and the display has never been more perfect. Note 5 definitely worth all the hype it’s been getting.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below