Motorola RAZR i Review
The enhanced version of Motorola Razr is being reviewed, Motorola RAZR I offers more specification and a new, more powerful processor. Read the full review to know more.
The description of Motorola RAZR I include:
- Intel Atom, 2GHz processor
- Android 4.0 operating system
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage and an expansion slot for external memory
- 5mm length; 60.9mm width and 8.3mm thickness
- A display of 3-inch and 540×960 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 126g
- Price of £342
- For the first time edge to edge display is being introduced in Motorola RAZR I, it does not completely edge to edge as there is a small amount of bezel but it looks outstanding.
- Measuring only 8.3mm, Motorola RAZR i is very slim.
- There is a camera button on the right edge.
- There are no touch buttons for Home, Back and Menu functions so the fascia is completely blank.
- The back cover is nonremovable, so you can not remove the battery.
- You can reach the SIM and microSD card by accessing the edge.
- The handset feels robust in hand.
- A few screws are visible which give a handset and an industrial look, other than that the handset is completely smooth.
- The screen with 540×960 pixels of display resolution has bright and crisp colours.
- The display is not absolutely amazing but it is good.
- The 4.3-inch display feels a little cramped because larger handsets are the latest trend in the market.
- The Intel Atom, 2GHz processor is certainly fast.
- Nothing out of the ordinary about Intel-powered Android phone that will make us want it.
- While, the compatibility rate of the processor with various apps is not very high.
- There is an 8-megapixel camera at the back, while the front holds a very mediocre 0.3-megapixel camera.
- Video recording is possible at 1080p.
- The camera gives amazing shots in daylight while at night the pictures are a little grainy.
- There were a few noticeable lags in between video shooting.
- It also introduce some new tweaks in the camera app.
Memory & Battery
- There is 8GB of built-in memory of which only 5GB is available to the user.
- Moreover, you can increase the memory by the addition of microSD card
- The battery shows durability and last more than a day.
- RAZR I comes with only one home screen for the sake of keeping things simple.
- You can add and customize more screens when needed.
- A settings screen is present on the left side.
- Mototola also has been redesign the User Interface, but everything is in correspondence with the Holo theme of Android 4.0
- Smart Actions app helps you to perform tasks needed to be performed at specific times and locations like switching on the Wi-Fi when you get home and turning off the data at night
- It also comes with features of DLNA and Near Field Communications.
So far RAZR i is the most sophisticated phone by Motorola. It has delivered some very impressive specifications without going over the top. On the other hand, app compatibility with the Intel processor is a bit annoying and the camera performance is not that good either but the tweaks introduced in Motorola RAZR I are pretty impressive.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below