Motorola Razr HD Review
Motorola has again come forward with a high end smartphone with some very nice hardware specifications. Read the full review to know more.
The description of Motorola Razr HD includes:
- 5GHz dual-core processor
- Android 4.1operating system
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal storage and an expansion slot for external memory
- 9mm length; 67.9mm width and 8.4mm thickness
- A display of 7-inch and 720×1280 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 146g
- Price of $400
- The build of the handset is really nice; the quality of material is also good.
- The corners are distinctly angled.
- The back has Motorola’s trademark block pattern.
- The handset resists small amount of water but it is not water proof, so it can be used in rain shower without much worry.
- The handset weighing 146g feels a little heavy in hand.
- It is very comfortable to hold.
- The front fascia has no buttons at all.
- The top edge houses a 3.5mm jack.
- On the left edge there is a micro USB and HDMI port.
- There is a protected slot for the micro SIM and microSD card along the left edge.
- The power button and volume rocker button can be found on the right edge. The volume button has small knobbles which allows you to feel them while in pocket.
- The backplate cannot be removed so the battery cannot be removed.
- The handset has a 4.7 inch edge to edge display.
- The 720×1280 pixels of display resolution provide great clarity.
- The colours are bright and crisp.
- The pixel density 300ppi manages the large screen pretty nicely.
- The Super AMOLED technology has been used which gives very sharp and vibrant colours.
- Video viewing and web browsing is ideal with colours and clarity provided by Motorola Razr HD.
- There is an 8 megapixel camera at the back.
- On the front there is a 1.3 megapixel camera.
- Features of LED flash and face detection are there and working.
- Video recording is possible at 1080p.
- The camera gives amazing snapshots.
Memory & Battery
- The handset comes with 16GB of built in storage of which only 12 GB is available to the user.
- The memory can be enhanced by the use of a microSD card.
- The 2350mAh battery will keep the handset running throughout the day. Considering the fact that the battery has to support the 4.7 inch display and 1.5GHz processor, it is really good.
- The performance with 5GHz dual-core processor along with 1GB RAM is buttery smooth.
- No lags were experienced during any task.
- Razr HD runs Android 4.1, Motorola has not messed with the skin of the predecessor RAZR i which was introduced last year. The skin is very neat and subtle. It is in correspondence with Android’s Holo theme.
- The handset is 4G supported and the features of DLNA and NFC are also present.
- Motorola has included its SmartAction App which helps you to perform tasks that need to be performed at specific times and locations like switching on the Wi-Fi when you get home, turning off the data at night and disabling some of the functions when the battery is low.
- There is also a Weather/Time/Battery widget which displays information of these three functions in circle.
- You can reach the Wi-Fi and GPS setting by flicking right on the home screen.
Motorola Razr HD is packed with specifications; the features are very attractive, sophisticated design, great performance, lasting battery, sturdy build and awesome camera. What more could a person want? The price is also reasonable. For high end smartphone users this might be good choice.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below