Moto G 2015 Review
Third Generation of the best selling Moto G has been introduced in the market. It has been upgraded to give more benefits to users at the same price but will it be enough to keep its leading spot in the budget market? Read the full review to know more details.
The description of Moto G 2015 includes:
- Snapdragon 410 1.4GHz quad-core processor
- Android Lollipop 5.1.1 operating system
- 8GB or 16GB storage/ 1GB or 2GB RAM (available on 16GB model only) storage and an expansion slot for external memory
- 1mm length; 72.4mm width and 6.1-11.16mm thickness
- A screen of 5-inches and 1280 x 720 pixels (294 ppi) display resolution
- It weighs 155g
- Price of £179/$179
- The design of the handset is now in the hands of the user. Online Moto Maker now allows you to design your handset just the way you like it.
- Ten different colour options are available for the back cover. Colours vary from black, white, golden yellow, purple, lime green, cherry red and so on.
- The front is limited to only white or black.
- Accentuating tones are also available in ten colours to personalise the back cover.
- The back cover is rubberised which gives it a good grip.
- The physical material of the handset is plastic.
- IPX7 ensures that it is water proof. It can be drowned in 1meter of water for 30 minutes without any harm. It works fully even when it is soaking wet.
- There are no buttons on the fascia.
- The edges are curved which make it comfortable to hold and use.
- Measuring 11.6mm it feels a bit chunky which doesn’t go with the latest trends.
- Power and volume button is on the right edge. Headphone jack sits on the top edge.
- USB port is on the bottom edge.
- There are two front facing speakers which are not as powerful as you expect them to be.
- The back plate can be removed to reveal a slot for Micro SIM and micro SD card.
- The device offers a 5.5 inch screen with 1280 x 720 pixels of display resolution.
- The pixel density is 294ppi.
- The colours are bright and vibrant.
- It has large viewing angles.
- Image viewing is good.
- Snapdragon 410 1.4GHz quad-core processor is complemented by 1 GB or 2 GB RAM depending on your choice.
- The performance is good but sometimes we noticed a few lags.
- The high end games do well with the processor.
Memory & Battery
- The handset comes in 8 GB or 16 GB versions.
- The memory can be increased by the use of a microSD card.
- The 2470mAh battery is not very powerful but medium use will get you through the day.
- There is a 13 megapixels camera at the back.
- The front holds a 5 megapixels camera.
- The feature of dual LED flash is present.
- Videos can be recorded at 1080p.
- The device runs the latest version of the operating system; Android Lollipop 5.1.1.
- The handset is not 4G supported.
- Basic Communication features are present but NFC and DLNA are absent.
The bottom line is that Moto G 2015 is still as charming as the original Moto G was. Looks are good, processor is faster than the predecessors and camera has been upgraded. We can’t have any complaints against the handset as the price is very pleasing. Moto G has done enough to keep its leading spot for now.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below