Kazam Tornado 348 Review
Kazam Tornado 348 is the slimmest handset in the Guinness Book of World Records, what compromises have been made to achieve this look? Read the full review to find out.
The description of Kazam Tornado 348 includes:
- 7GHz Mediatek MTK6592 Octa-core processor
- Android 4.4 KitKat operating system
- 1GB RAM, 16GB storage and no expansion slot for external memory
- 8mm length; 67.5mm width and 5.15mm thickness
- A display of 8 inch and 1024 x 768 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 5g
- Price of £249
- Physically the design of the handset is very attractive. The glass back is particularly very nice.
- The phone feels robust in hand.
- No creak or flex was noticed.
- There are three touch buttons beneath the screen for Home, Back and Menu functions.
- There is a micro-SIM slot on the right edge.
- The left edge houses a volume rocker button and power button.
- Micro USB slot and the headphone jack can be found on the bottom edge.
- The back plate cannot be removed.
- The handset is available in two colours of white and black. The black phone has silver and black edges while the white one has golden edges.
- The handset offers a 4.8 inch AMOLED screen.
- The screen has 1024 x 768 pixels of display resolution.
- The screen is protected by Gorilla Glass 3, which is very durable and scratch-proof.
- The brightness and vibrancy is great.
- Text is amazingly sharp and clear with crisp colours.
- The handset is good for activities like eBook reading, web browsing and video/image viewing.
- The back houses an 8 megapixel camera.
- The front holds a 5 megapixel camera. The front camera has a wider angle.
- Video can be recorded at 1080p.
- The camera is lag free.
- The camera app has a number of tweaks.
- Images are sharp and clear with bright colours.
- The phone has a 7GHz Mediatek MTK6592 Octa-core processor.
- The accompanying 1 GB RAM is a little less as compared to the latest handsets.
- The processing is very light and smooth. The touch is very responsive, not even a single lag was noticed.
Memory & Battery
- The handset has 16 GB of built in memory which might not be enough for many users.
- The memory cannot be increased as there is no slot for expansion.
- The 2050mAh battery will not get you through the day. Only low to medium users will not need a charge in the evening. Heavy users can’t have any expectations.
- The phone runs Android 4.4 KitKat operating system.
- The User interface is very easy to use; unlike some other handsets it is not cluttered.
- The handset does not support LTE.
On the whole Kazam has delivered a very charming little handset (or very charming slim handset). It has some obvious drawback because of the battery and lack of micro SD card, but the phone has nailed it in the design field, the processing is fast and the display is incredibly sharp. Some users may not like it but others will definitely love it.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below