Huawei Honor 6+ Review
Huawei has come back with the improved version of Honor 6. Is honor 6 plus as promising as its little brother was? Read on to find out.
The description of Huawei Honor 6+ includes:
- Kirin 920 1.3GHz octa-core processor
- Android 4.4 KitKat operating system
- 3 GB RAM, 32 GB storage and an expansion slot for external memory
- 5mm length; 75.7mm width and 7.5mm thickness
- A screen of 5 inch and 1920 x 1080 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 165g
- Price of £289.99
- The handset is designed very beautifully just like Honor 6.
- The front and the back of the handset are encased in glass.
- There is a metal strip along the edges.
- The physical material of the handset feels robust and durable.
- Weighing 165g it feels slightly heavy.
- It is comfortable for hands and pockets; it feels a little huge but 5.5 screen is becoming the trend now-a-days.
- Measuring only 7.5mm it does not feel chunky at all.
- There are no buttons on the fascia.
- There is a micro SIM slot and micro SD card slot on the right edge. The card slot can also be used as a secondary SIM slot.
- Power and volume button are also located on the right edge.
- Headphone jack is located on the top edge of the device.
- The back plate cannot be removed hence the battery cannot be reached.
- The handset has 5 inch screen.
- The screen has a display resolution of 1920 x 1080
- The colours are bright and vibrant.
- The display is good for activities like web-browsing, eBook reading and image viewing.
- On the back there is a dual 8 megapixels camera.
- The front also houses an 8 megapixel camera which is a dream come true for mid-range Selfie fans.
- The back camera has dual LED flash.
- The camera gives stunning performance in low light conditions.
- There is a sliding scale in the camera app which allows you to blur the background.
- Videos can be recorded at 1080p.
- The camera has many manual functions which are pretty useful.
- The resulting images have high clarity and bright colours.
- The device has a Kirin 920 1.3GHz octa-core
- The processor is accompanied by 3 GB RAM.
- The processing is absolutely smooth and lag free.
Memory & Battery
- There is 32 GB of built in storage which is very generous for a mid-range device.
- The memory can be augmented by the use of a micro SD card.
- The 3600mAh battery is indeed very powerful. Low to medium use will get you through two days while heavy users won’t have to worry about making it through the day.
- Honor 6+ runs Android 4.4 KitKat operating system. An upgrade to Lollipop has been promised in the coming months.
- Emotion User Interface has been applied which brings with it a lot of changes to the Android Stock skin. New colours and icons have been introduced.
- There are many enhanced features like the improved memory and battery management and wake and sleep gestures. Hauwei is definitely getting its skin perfect with each version.
Honor 6+ is definitely more likeable than the Honor 6, it has a bigger screen, better processor, monster battery and enhanced storage. There is nothing you won’t like about Honor 6 plus. The renowned manufacturers like LG and Samsung should be worried about the pace at which Huawei is producing excellent devices.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below