Huawei Ascend P2 Review
Some really nice features can be seen in the new Huawei Ascend P2. It has the capability to make it’s own mark. Read the full hands-on review to know how.
Description Huawei Ascend P2
The description of Huawei Ascend P2 includes:
- 5GHz quad-core processor
- Android 4.1 operating system
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal storage and no expansion slot for external memory
- 2mm length; 66.7mm width and 8.4mm thickness
- A display of 7-inch and 720 x 1280 display resolution
- It weighs 122g
- Price of $400
- The design of the handset is very neat and stylish.
- The front has defined edges.
- The back has curved edges which make it comfortable in hands for holding.
- Measuring 8.4mm it does feel slim in hands.
- There are three touch buttons beneath the screen for Home, Menu and Back functions. These buttons are invisible most of the time; they light up on touching the area around them or touching the screen.
- There is a camera shutter button on the bottom side of the right edge along with a power button on the top.
- The left edge has a volume rocker button.
- Headphone jack and micro USB port are on the bottom edge.
- The backplate cannot be removed so the battery is unremovable.
- The handset offers 4.7-inch display.
- It has a display resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels.
- The colours of the display are vibrant and sharp.
- Video viewing and web browsing experience is great.
- Text reading is also pretty easy.
- The TFT LCD does not deliver enough contrast as compared to AMOLED.
- There is a control that allows you to alter the hues and contrasts so that you can adjust the screen to your liking.
- The back houses an outstanding 13 megapixel camera.
- The front holds a mediocre 1.3 megapixel camera.
- Videos can be recorded at 1080p.
- The camera has ordinary features of face and smile detection and facial distortions.
- There are no new features in the camera app.
- The resulting images are a pleasure to look at, they are vibrant and sharp.
- The quad core 1.5GHz processor complemented by 1 GB RAM gives absolutely stunning performance.
- Video streaming is buttery smooth while touch response is very fast.
Memory & Battery
- Huawei Ascend P2 has 16 GB of built in storage of which only 11 GB is available to the user.
- One of the biggest annoyances is that there is no slot for external memory, you might have to keep migrating unnecessary data to free the phone storage.
- The battery cannot be replaced. The 2440mAh battery is pretty solid, it will get you through a day of full use but in 4G mode you might need a charge pretty soon.
- With time the battery might start to show the wear.
- The handset supports Android 4.1.
- Huawei has provided a number of themes to help you personalise the phone according to your tastes.
- The features of Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth are there.
- Advanced features like Near Field Communication and DLNA are also there.
- Instead of putting the app shortcuts on the main screen, Huawei has also come up with an app drawer.
- The handset is 3G and 4G supported.
Huawei Ascend P2 offers some really nice specifications. It has satisfied users in almost all the field except the part about external memory. Huawei is definitely producing one of the best handsets these days; it is showing great signs of becoming a leading developer.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below