HTC Wildfire S includes:Qualcomm 600MHz processorAndroid 2.3 operating system512MB RAM, 512MB ROM3mm length; 59.4mm width and 12.4mm thickness
The updated version of HTC Wildfire S has been introduced, with passing time our budget expectations have also changed. Does Wildfire S rise up to these expectations?
HTC Wildfire S Review
The description of HTC Wildfire S includes:
- Qualcomm 600MHz processor
- Android 2.3 operating system
- 512MB RAM, 512MB ROM
- 3mm length; 59.4mm width as well as 12.4mm thickness
- A display of 3.2inches together with 320 x 480 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 105g
- Price of $238.80
- The shrunken body of Wildfire S indicates that it is comfortable for small hands and an easy fit for small pockets.
- Considering its weight it is feather-light as compared to other smartphones.
- The same old Back, Home, Search and Menu buttons are present below the screen
- Some distinctive features of Desire S are also present in Wildfire S; one of these is the small lip along the base.
- The corners are curved and smooth.
- The matte finish looks amazing.
- The metal front also looks good.
- There is a slot for microSD card and SIM underneath the back plate.
- One of the nice things might be that it is available in 4 different colors.
The features that need improvement:
- The microUSB connector is on the bottom left side which is not very comfortable if one needs to use the phone during charging.
- The back feels plasticky and cheap.
- Although the screen resolution is much better than its predecessor but at 320 x 480 pixels display resolution Wildfire S is disappointing. We have become used to a much higher pixel quality.
- The colors are bright and sharp.
- The 3.2-inch display is also a let-down.
- Owing to the small screen the video-viewing and web-browsing experience is not that great.
A 5-megapixel camera sits at the back, nothing good about it.
Performance & Battery
- With 600MHz Qualcomm processor and 512MB RAM Wildfire S is quite responsive and fast.
- At least Wildfire S runs on Android 2.3 operating system, which unlike the previous HTC phones is up-to-date.
- The 1230mAh battery will easily get you through a day of heavy use. If you are frugal it might last more than a day.
All the features feel very cramped, again owing to the small screen. Even in wide keyboard mode, you can’t do some serious typing without making mistakes unless you have very small hands.
There are no great or new features in Wildfire S. Mainly the following features are offered in Wildfire S:
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth v3.0
- GPS with A-GPS
- Google maps and compatibility with Google email
Finally, HTC Wildfire S is an average phone, it has no striking quality. The high-end smartphones have certainly increased our expectations. It might be suitable for someone whose doesn’t expect too much from his phone especially in the area of video viewing and web browsing.
Have a question or want to share your experience
you can do so in the comment section box below