HTC Sensation XE Review
The HTC Sensation XE is the first Beats-branded phone. In case you have no interest in headphones and don’t watch TV – Beats is the Dr. Dre-endorsed range of audio products from Monster. Beats was once the preserve of headphone buyers, but has recently spread out, stamping its red logo onto some of HP’s laptops. And infecting our tellyboxes with its advertising.
The description of Overview of HTC Sensation XE includes:
- Qualcomm 1.5GHz dual-core processor
- An Android 2.3 operating system
- 768MB RAM, 1GB ROM memory, and a microSD card slot
- 1mm length; 65.4mm width and 11.3mm thickness
- A display of 4.3-inch inches and 540 x 960 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 151g
- Price of $450
HTC Sensation XE is a slightly impressive version of HTC Sensation, other than that it is exactly the same phone as the original Sensation.
Performance and Battery
- The processor has been elevated from 1.2GHz dual-core to an outstanding 1.5GHz dual-core, which adds to processing speed.
- 768MB RAM gives smooth running with occasional lags.
- With Android 2.3 operating system, HTC Sense UI, version 3.0 has an excellent running capability and effectively amends all the faults of Gingerbread. The company has not made any announcement about rolling up to Android 4.0, but now that question is looming ahead.
- The 1730mAh battery has a 14% capacity increase than the previous Sensation, Although the increase is not very noticeable.
The main focus of XE on the audio features is a result of the recent tie-up with Beats by Dr. Dre. A company primarily involved in developing speaker and headphones.
- Custom built Beats headphones are introduced in Sensation XE.
- Special Beats Audio sound profile is activated when you plug in your headphones.
- There is a perceptible difference between the regular HTC profile and the Beats version. In fact, the Beats version is much more superior and has a greater dynamic range.
On the downside:
- Everything just feels like a branding exercise because it works only if the Dre connection and elevated sound quality is inviting for you.
- If you don’t care about sound there is nothing really charming about Sensation XE
- Sensation XE does not have any remarkable software features but the browsing experience and general multimedia performance are outstanding.
- Moreover, the 8MP camera is an impressive effort to improve the photo quality. Still a step behind the Sensation XL but much better for quick snapshots. Video recording is also tolerable.
- There is nothing so great about the display other than the usual.
- The battery will comfortably get you through the day do not expect more than that.
There are minor improvements as we have moved from Sensation to Sensation XE. For example, beyond the audio boost and the processor elevation, there is nothing amazing. Finally, it is preferable to its predecessors.
Please comment below to tell us what you think.