A Closer Look of HTC Salsa
HTC Salsa has some new dedicated features, but can they get you to like this phone? Please read the full review to find out.
The description of HTC Salsa includes:
- Qualcomm 800MHz processor
- Android 2.3 operating system with HTC Sense
- 512MB RAM, 512MB of internal storage and also an expansion slot for external memory
- 1mm length; 58.9mm width and 12.3mm thickness
- A display of 4-inch as well as 480 x 320 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 120g
- Price of £359
- The build and design of this handset is beautiful.
- HTC Salsa has a rubber back, which is segmented through different shades of blue
- The rest of the back is made of greyish metallic material which is actually attractive.
- The same metallic material is wrapped around the front.
- The back plate cannot be removed. So, to reach the SIM and microSD card you have to remove the small cover at the lower portion of the back side. Of course, this design reminds us of HTC Legend.
- There is a slight lip at the front bottom edge, which is also not new to us.
- The colour contrasts used are weird but look good.
- The 3.4 inch screen with 480 x 320 pixels of display resolution is perfect for video viewing and web-browsing.
- The display colours are bright and sharp. So there are no complaints against the display.
- The four trademark touch buttons for Menu, Back, Home and Search functions are present below the screen.
- A 5 megapixels camera sits at the back while a VGA one is on the front.
- Features of LED Flash, Geo-tagging and Face detection are also available.
- Video recording is done at 420p which is not that great.
Performance & Battery
- The 800MHz Qualcomm processor zips along smoothly.
- The battery life is good. With this in mind, it will easily get you through a day of heavy use.
- HTC Salsa runs the latest Android 2.3 OS.
- The feature of Facebook button previously seen in HTC ChaCha is also present in Salsa at the bottom of the screen. Looking at it for the second time it does not seem really amazing, although it might impress Facebook fans.
- You can use the button to post updates by pressing it lightly.
- Long-press will take you to Facebook Locations.
- You can also use the button in other apps to share your favourite music or video on Facebook.
- One of the letdowns of this handset is that it does not support flash.
- GPS, Wi-Fi and HSDPA are present.
- Salsa offers seven home screens.
- Various apps supported by Android 2.3 are also available.
HTC Salsa: The Verdict
HTC Salsa is actually a very nice phone. It fulfills all the need of mid-range users. The Facebook button is not that appealing, other than that there are no visible faults in the set. Battery life is amazing, display is crystal clear, design is good and performance is also fast. Finally, It fulfill all the expectations of average user.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below