HTC One v is a midrange smartphone that fulfills most of your needs, HTC One V has been titled as the Essential Smartphone
HTC One v Review
HTC One V is a midrange smartphone that fulfills most of your needs, HTC One V has been titled as the Essential Smartphone.
The description of HTC One V includes:
- Qualcomm MSM8255 1GHz processor
- Android 4.0 operating system with Sense 4.0
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal storage coupled with an expansion slot for external memory
- 3 mm length; 59.7mm width and 9.24mm thickness
- A display of 7-inch and 480 x 800 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 115g
- Price of $246
- The design of HTC One V is very much similar to the predecessor HTC Legend and HTC Hero.
- Likewise, the material of the chassis is mainly aluminium.
- The bottom lip of the handset is slightly angled. The design feels a little awkward in the pocket, but it gives a distinct quality to the handset.
- Moreover, there are usual three touch sensitive buttons for Home, Menu and Back functions.
- The screen is slightly raised from its edges which feel irritating on contact.
- You can’t remove the back plate, so you can’t reach the battery.
- To reveal the SIM and microSD card slot, you can remove the plastic cover at the bottom of the handset.
- The 3.7-inch screen feels very cramped.
- The 480 x 800 pixels of display resolution provides great clarity but the screen is clearly not ideal for video viewing and web browsing.
- There is no front camera.
- The back houses a 5-megapixel camera.
- Moreover, you can record videos at 720 pixels.
- In the same way, simultaneous video and image recording is possible.
- There is a continuous shooting mode that allows you to take many photographs and then choose which one you want to keep.
- The 1GHz processor is not the best one, but it is capable of performing many tasks without any noticeable lags.
Memory & Battery
- There is only 4 GB of built-in storage of which only 1GB is available to the user.
- Fortunately, the memory can be increased with a microSD card.
- Moreover, the 1500mAh battery won’t get you through a day of full use. As a result, you might need to keep the charger at hand.
- HTC One V runs Android 4.0 operating system, which is up to date.
- Moreover, HTC Sense 4.0 has done a good job.
- In addition, five customisable home screens are available.
- Recent apps can now be viewed in a vertical scrolling fashion.
Finally, HTC One V is more on the average side of the handsets; the internal specifications are not very impressive. It might be perfect for people who do not expect a lot from their phone. Considering the price the specifications are good but better alternatives are present in the market at the same price.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below