Some of HTC’s best features can be seen in the new HTC One SV. Can this mid range handset deliver enough?
HTC One SV Review
Some of HTC’s best features can be seen in the new HTC One SV. Can this mid-range handset deliver enough? So read the full review to find out.
The description of HTC One SV includes:
- Dual-core 1200 MHz processor
- Android 0.4 operating system as well as HTC Sense 4.1
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage together with an expansion slot for external memory
- 128mm length; 9mm width and 9.2mm thickness
- A display of 3 inches and 480 x 800 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 122g
- Price of $291.66
- The design of the handset is very sleek and smart but there is nothing unique about it.
- Moreover, the front houses three buttons for the Back, Home and Menu functions.
- The edges are curved which make it very comfortable for use.
- The back plate also has a slight curve.
- Additionally, there is a removable backplate with the HTC logo is embossed at the centre of it.
- Beneath the back plate, there is a slot for SIM.
- There is a 3.5mm headphone jack at the top.
- On the left edge, there is a micro-USB port and a microSD card slot.
- The 4.3-inch display is not very impressive.
- Moreover, the 480 x 800 pixels of display resolution is extremely grainy.
- The pixels are identifiable throughout the use.
- Video and image viewing experience are simply not good enough.
- There is no clarity of text.
- On the back, there is a 5-megapixel camera.
- The snapshot quality is average during the day time, but at night it is below average.
- You can take 30 quick fire shots within a few seconds, but this feature is affected because the shots are grainy.
- Moreover, you can record video at 1080p, which is the only plus point of the camera.
- One of the positive points of the handset is that the performance with the dual-core 1200 MHz processor is very fast.
- The 1GB RAM is a little less than some of the user’s expectations but it handles small tasks pretty nicely.
Memory & Battery
- There is 8GB of built-in storage. But, you can increase it by the addition of a microSD card.
- The 1800mAh battery will get you through a day of average use but you can’t expect a lot from this battery.
- The handset has HTC’s trademark skin.
- It runs Android 4.0 and the best of HTC Sense.
- HTC has been redesign messaging app to include many new features.
- HTC One SV is the first midrange handset to support 4G LTE.
- The features of DLNA, Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC are also included.
HTC is creating a library of handsets to suit the need of different users first there was the high-end HTC One X, then there was low priced HTC One V and now HTC has come forward with the midrange One SV. There is some definite fault in the device, putting that aside there is no other mid-range device which is support fo 4G network moreover the best of HTC Sense has been included. HTC One SV needs some improvements, but it is a nice option for those who want to get their hands on a 4G device.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below