The ultra-modern, ultra- thin and super incredibly powerful HTC One S is being reviewed here. You can read on for full review
HTC One S Review
The ultra-modern, ultra- thin and super incredibly powerful HTC One S is being reviewed here. So you can read on for a full review.
The description of HTC One S includes:
- Qualcomm 1.5GHz dual-core processor
- Android 4.0 operating system with Sense 4.0
- 1GB RAM, 16GB of internal storage with no expansion slot for external memory
- 9mm length; 65mm width together with 7.8mm thickness
- A display of 3-inch coupled with 540 x 960 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 5g
- Price of £420
- The HTC One S has curved edges. So it is comfortable to hold and use.
- Its physical material is a combination of metal, plastic, as well as rubber.
- The back plate is rubberised which provides an easy grip.
- Furthermore, below the screen there are three touch buttons for Android Home, Menu, as well as Recent apps functions.
- Measuring 130.9mm in length it is a bit longer than necessary owing to the extra chassis above the screen.
- One of the noticeable features of HTC One S’s build is it’s thinness measuring only 7.8mm in thickness. As a result, it really does feel very slim.
- Weighing only 119.5g, as a result, HTC One S is extremely light in hand.
- The power button sits on the top edge.
- Moreover, the volume rocker button is on the right side.
- On the left edge, there is a slot for microUSB.
- Near the top edge on the backside, there is a cover which can be removed to reveal a slot for a micro sim.
- Unfortunately, the battery cannot be reached which might be a problem for some people.
- The 4.3-inch screen is matching the latest screen trends.
- Furthermore, HTC One S comes with 540 x 960 pixels of display resolution.
- Stills, web pages, and videos are renders stunningly.
- Moreover, the colours are vibrant and sharp but compared to HTC One X.
- One of the annoying points is that the display screen of HTC One S is a fingerprint magnet.
- There is and 8-megapixel camera at the back.
- A VGA camera sits at the front.
- In addition, videos can be recorded at 1080p.
- Simultaneous HD video and image recording is possible.
- Videos and stills are a pleasure to look at.
- With 1.5GHz dual-core processor and 1GB RAM cater for super fast processing and response.
Memory & battery
- HTC One S comes with 16GB of built-in memory.
- Unfortunately, there is no slot for external storage so memory augmentation is not possible.
- Furthermore, a 25GB storage is available at Dropbox for 2 years.
- The 1650mAh battery will get you through a day of frugal usage. But, you might need an afternoon top with some heavy usage.
- HTC Sense 4 has a very neat touch and the android skin is impressive.
- Moreover, running Android 4.0 HTC One S is up to date in terms of operating system.
- This handset offers seven customisable home screens.
- To power down the mobile, you can press the power button for ten seconds.
- Lack of microSD card slot is not very annoying as there is a configuration for automatic upload of photos and videos.
Finally, the One series is turning out be a spectacular series, very impressive handsets with sleek build, powerful processing and great specifications. Moreover, HTC is continuously proving that it can produce leading smartphones full of features and stunning specifications. The price could have been a little less but with all the features you can’t really complain.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below