An Overview of HTC One mini 2
HTC has reduced both the internal and external specifications to produce the new HTC One mini 2, reduction in specifications also led to reduction in prices. Is this new this new cut-price handset still as perfect as M8? Or the mistake made with HTC One mini has been repeated.
The description of HTC One mini 2 includes:
- Snapdragon 400 quad-core 1.2GHz processor
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system with HTC Sense 6
- 1GB RAM, 16GB storage internal storage and an expansion slot for external memory
- 43 mm length; 65.04 mm width and 10.6 mm thickness
- A display of 5-inch and 1280 x 720 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 137g
- Price of £359.99
- Where HTC One mini was designed in correspondence with HTC M7, One mini 2 has been designed in correspondence with HTC M8. The design is very much similar to M8.
- If you haven’t seen M8 the design of HTC One mini 2 will certainly be very appealing. It is graceful and stylish.
- The physical material of the handset is aluminium.
- The build feels very durable.
- The front and the back are divided by black plastic strip; it feels like a nice touch to the design.
- Power button and headphone jack sit on the top edge.
- Measuring 10.6 mm it feels a bit chunky in hand but the curve of the chassis on the back side hides this fact pretty nicely.
- The handset is available in three colours of glacial silver, amber gold and grey.
- Micro SIM and micro SD card slits are found at the edge.
- The back plate cannot be removed so the battery cannot be reached either.
- The handset offers 4.5 inch screen with 1280 x 720 pixels of display resolution.
- The resolution is definitely less than M8 it but it is good.
- The colours are bright and sharp. Text clarity is also very good.
- The phone is almost ideal for video viewing and web browsing experience.
- The display is not as good as M8 but it is still stunning.
- The back holds a 13 megapixel camera.
- The lens aperture is f/2.2instead of Ultrapixel unit found on M8.
- In perfect lighting conditions it produces absolutely stunning snap shots, while in low lighting the shots are not that amazing.
- The images are very detail oriented.
- The single LED flash is amazing while autofocus is very responsive.
- The front holds a 5 megapixel camera.
- The feature of ‘Selfie’ mode is also present.
- Both the back and the front camera can record videos at 1080p.
- The front facing camera also gives beautiful snapshots.
- Snapdragon 400 quad-core 1.2GHz processor complemented by 1 GB RAM gives smooth and buttery performance but after using M8 you might find this to be a little less impressive.
- The performance slows down a little during heavy games which is a little disappointing but the handset delivers more than enough to fulfil the day to day needs.
- Applying live wallpapers also brings slowness to the device.
- The touch is very very sensitive and it is responsive as well just like it was on M8.
Memory and Battery
- The handset offers 16 GB of built in storage of which 13 GB is user-available.
- This memory might be sufficient for most people, in case it is not the memory field can be enhanced by the use of microSD card.
- The handset has 2110mAh non-removable battery.
- The battery life is extremely good. On normal use it will easily get you through a day and a half. Battery depletion is pretty fast when heavy apps were used.
- The handset runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system with HTC Sense 6 that is quite pleasing.
- Colour coding and theme system is present in HTC One mini 2, which is a very good way for personalization.
- Apps like Calendar, Contacts, and Dialler have been improved and redesigned with HTC Sense 6.
- The updated versions of back-up and migration tool, BlinkFeed and the camera app are also present.
The cut-down version of the flagship handset by HTC is almost as amazing as M8. Many of the specifications have been trimmed, at some places this is very noticeable while at others there is not much distinction. HTC One mini 2 is a pleasure to use; the only real problem is that the price does not fit in the budget market. That puts the handset in a very competitive market where the users are looking for top notch features.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below