HTC One E8 Review
The plastic version of M8 definitely lost some of its beauty; can this change really effect its popularity? Read the full review of HTC One E8 to know more
The description of HTC One E8 includes:
- 5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quad-core processor
- Android 4.4.2 operating system and HTC Sense 6.0
- 2GB RAM, 16GB storage and an expansion slot for external memory
- 42 mm length; 70.67 mm width and 9.85 mm thickness
- A display of Five-inch and 1920 x 1080 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 145g
- Price of $499
- The design of the handset is definitely similar to M8.
- The physical material of the handset is plastic. The glossy chassis makes it bit slippery to hold but you will quickly get used to it.
- The chassis feels robust and durable in hand.
- No creaks or squeaks we heard.
- There are no buttons on the front fascia.
- Oddly even the side edges have no buttons.
- Power button placed on the centre of the top edge; which is not very comfortable.
- The handset is not very heavy as compared to M8.
- There is a lot of bezel above and below the screen owing to the presence of speakers.
- There is a slot for Nano SIM on the right edge.
- The back plate cannot removed hence the battery also non-removable.
Display of HTC one E8
- The handset offers a 5-inch display screen with 1920 x 1080 pixels display resolution.
- The display colours are nice and bright.
- Text is also clear so web browsing won’t be a problem.
- The back has a normal 13 megapixels camera instead of the Duo Ultrapixel one found on M8.
- The front holds a 5 megapixel camera. The lens of the front camera is very large.
- Videos can be recorded a 1080p.
- There are a number of features for editing.
- The images are stunning even in low light conditions.
- The camera performance is lag-free.
Processor HTC One E8
- The device comes with a 5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quad-core processor.
- The processor complemented by 2 GB RAM.
- Both the processor and RAM cater for lightening fast processing. The touch is also very responsive.
Memory & Battery HTC One E8
- It comes with 16 GB of internal storage which can enhanced by a memory card.
- The 2600mAh non-removable battery is very durable not top class though. It will easily get you through a day of medium use.
Features HTC One E8
- HTC One E8 runs Android 4.4.2 operating system with the respectable HTC Sense 6.0.
- Features of Wi-Fi, DLNA , NFC, hotspot, Bluetooth and radio are present.
- Infra-Red remote functionality is not included.
- The camera app has been tweaked by many folds; the features of Dual-Camera, Selfie mode and Zoe camera are included.
HTC One E8 is not a perfect device but you won’t have any complaints against it. It is definitely cheaper than most devices, a few functions+metal chassis have been dropped but it is not a big deal most of the users won’t even notice this. HTC is very good at producing high-end smartphones.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below