An Overview of Archos 50 Oxygen+
Archos 50 Oxygen plus is a handset with some very impressive specifications but its highlight feature is that it is very light in weight, is it enough to compete with Moto G?? Read on to find out.
The description of Archos 50 Oxygen+ includes:
- Mediatek 1.4GHz octa-core processor
- Android 4.4 KitKat operating system
- 1GB RAM, 16 GB storage and an expansion slot for external memory
- 143 mm length; 5 mm width and 7.2mm thickness
- A screen of 0 inch and 1280 x 720 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 125g
- Price of :£149.99/$169.99
- The build of the handset is similar to iPhone 6.
- Measuring 7.2mm in thickness it is very sleek.
- The handset has a black fascia and grey rear.
- Weighing only 125g it feels very light in hand.
- It has a good grip at the same time it feels very comfortable in hand.
- There are three touch buttons beneath the screen for Home, Back and menu functions.
- Power and volume buttons are found on the right edge.
- Micro SIM and micro SD card slots are also present on the right edge.
- USB port is on the bottom edge.
- Headphone jack is on the top edge.
- The back plate cannot be removed hence the battery cannot be reached.
- Oxygen+ has a 5 inch screen.
- The display resolution is 1280 x 720
- Pixel density is 294ppi.
- Colours are deep and sharp.
- Text clarity is good.
- Image and video viewing experience is enjoyable.
- There is an 8 megapixel camera on the rear.
- The fascia holds a 5 megapixel camera.
- The rear one produces nice shots even in low light conditions while the front one is not so dependable in low light conditions.
- The device has a Mediatek 1.4GHz octa-core
- The processor is complemented by 1 GB RAM.
- The processing is slightly slow but most of the time it is good.
Memory & Battery
- The handset has 16 GB of internal storage of which over 12 GB is available to the user.
- The memory can be enhanced by the use of microSD card.
- The handset supports expendable memory up to 64 GB.
- The device runs Android 4.4 KitKat operating system.
- The vanilla version of the Android has been applied.
- There are not many pre-installed apps.
- The camera app has very limited features.
Archos is really trying to up its game by producing nice handsets. The processor is a bit sluggish, the design is nice; very light and attractive, and camera also performs well. Overall Archos 50 Oxygen+ is a good deal at what you are paying.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below