Alcatel One Touch Idol S Review
Alcatel One Touch Idol S is the latest Android handset in the budget market with some very good specifications. Has Moto G’s real competitor entered the market or not? Read the full review for answer to that question.
The description of Alcatel One Touch Idol S includes:
- Mediatek 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- Android 4.2 operating system
- 1GB RAM, 4GB storage and an expansion slot for external memory
- 5 mm length; 66.8 mm width and 7.4 mm thickness
- A display of 7 inch and 720 x 1280 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 110g
- Price of £129.99
- Alcatel One Touch Idol S is very impressive in design. It certainly looks more expensive than it really is.
- Alcatel has indeed taken the budget phones up a notch in style.
- The physical material of the build is sturdy and durable and there are no creaks and squeaks.
- Weighing only 110g it has entered the category for the lightest phones.
- Measuring only 7.4mm in thickness, it is definitely one of the sleekest mobiles.
- There are three buttons for Home, Back and Menu functions beneath the screen.
- The Dragontail glass ensures that the handset can handle a few drops. It is not as strong as Gorilla glass but it is a good alternative.
- It fits very comfortably in the hand and the pocket.
- On the left there is the volume rocker button.
- The power button sits on the top.
- On the right there is a well sealed slot for micro SIM and micro
- The plastic back is very soft in touch.
- The speakers are at the back; which produce great sound.
- The handset offers 4.7 inch display with 720 x 1280 pixels of display resolution. Alcatel has clearly paid attention to detail.
- Activities like video viewing and web browsing are excellent on this display.
- Text clarity is amazing.
- Viewing angles are great.
- Auto-brightness is a little dimmer, but adjusted brightness is remarkable.
- On the back there is an 8 megapixel camera which delivers great shots.
- Videos can be recorded at 1080p.
- The feature of LED flash is also present.
- On the front there is a 1.3 megapixel camera.
Memory & Battery
- The handset has 4 GB of built in storage of which less than 2 GB is available to the user.
- The memory can be increased by the use of micro SD card.
- The 2000mAh battery might seem small but it will easily get you through a day of normal use.
- The Mediatek 1.2GHz dual-core processor is the biggest letdown of the handset.
- The performance is lag free for most apps but it is not sufficient for heavy apps and 3D games.
- 1 GB of RAM is simply average as it will be used up pretty quickly even with light apps like Chrome.
- The handset runs Android 4.2 operating system.
- The icons and some of the features of the interface have been tweaked and redesigned.
- There are a few pre-installed extra apps and games like Asphalt Racer; which can be removed by those who do not want them. Although it is a nice touch but it has no particular value.
- The handset is 4G supported.
The positive points of this handset are far greater than the negative points, other than the performance everything about this handset is generally great. The design and colors are superb, display is fantastic, and camera is awesome. For what it is worth the handset offers a lot, it has even beaten Moto G in a few fields. Alcatel is trying very hard to up its game; it has definitely succeeded through Alcatel One Touch Idol S.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below