Xperia M2 by Sony is a mid-range handset it is a combination of some nice features but are the inside specifications of the handset as good as they seem from outside? Read the full review to find out.
The description of Sony Xperia M2 includes:
- 2GHz Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor
- Android 4.3 operating system
- 1GB RAM, 8GB storage and an expansion slot for external memory
- 6mm length; 71.1mm width and 8.6mm thickness
- A display of 8-inch and 960 x 540 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 148g
- Price of £186
- The design of the handset is very smooth and attractive. The trademark design features of Xperia range are visible.
- It looks more expensive than it really is; the back plate is very shiny and reflective.
- The physical material of the handset is plastic but it feels robust in hand.
- The handset is available in three colours of white, black and deep purple. All of which are stunning.
- The backplate cannot be removed so the battery cannot be reached either.
- The silver round power button present on the right edge of the handset has become Xperia’s trademark feature.
- There is a well sealed slot for micro SIM and microSD card on the right edge.
- The volume button and the camera button are also present on the right edge.
- The headphone jack sits at the top edge.
- USB connector is on the left edge.
- Sony Xperia M2 offers a 4.8 inch display screen.
- 960 x 540 pixels of display resolution is very poor.
- Text clarity is not very good.
- Video and image viewing experience is passable.
- The screen might be ideal for activities like web browsing, eBook reading and video viewing but the resolution is not.
- The back holds and 8 megapixels camera.
- Disappointingly the front holds a VGA camera.
- The back camera shoots video at 1080p.
- The images are vibrant and sharp.
- The camera will certainly not disappoint you on social networking sites.
- The handset has 1.2GHz Snapdragon 400 quad-core
- The processor supports 1GB RAM.
- The performance of the handset is very smooth.
- It performs almost all the tasks without any hicks and jerks.
Memory & Battery
- Xperia M2 has 8 GB of internal storage.
- The storage can be augmented by the addition of a microSD card.
- The 2300mAh batter is very powerful. The battery life is good; it will easily get you through a day.
- Xperia M2 runs Android 4.3 operating system.
- The handset is 4G supported.
- The feature of Near Filed Communication is also present.
- There are some very useful pre-installed apps.
Sony Xperia M2 sits in between the low-priced and mid-range market. Unfortunately Sony Xperia M2 is up against Moto G 4G; it does not offer enough to compete against Moto G 4G but if you look at the handset individually then it might suite some people as the processor is fast, design is absolutely stunning and camera is also good.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below