A Review on HTC Desire 610
HTC has produced another mid-range handset; does it deliver enough to be the star of mid-range market or not? Read the full review to find out.
The description of HTC Desire 610 includes:
- 2GHz Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor
- Android 4.4.2 operating system with HTC Sense 6
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage and an expansion slot for external memory
- 1mm length; 70.5mm width and 9.6mm thickness
- A display of 7-inch and 960 x 540 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 5g
- Price of £225 off contract
- The Design of the handset is simple but it is nice.
- The back is smooth and the corners are curved.
- The bezel at the top and at the side of the screen makes the handset seem large.
- BoomSound speakers are present beneath the screen which also adds to the length of the phone.
- At 9.6mm it feels a bit chunky but it is comfy for hands and pockets.
- The front fascia has no buttons.
- HTC logo is embossed at the bottom of the screen
- The power button and the headphone jack sit the top edge.
- The volume rocker button is present on the left edge.
- The back plate is removed to reveal the battery, a slot for microSD card and a slot for Nano-SIM.
- There is a slot for micro USB on the bottom edge.
- The handset is available in 6 different colours.
- The handset offers a 4.7 inch screen with 960 x 540 pixels of display resolution.
- The resolution is not that bad but at 4.7” it is simply insufficient. The text seems fuzzy at time.
- Video and image viewing is passable but the web browsing experience is not that good.
- If the screen was compared to Moto G that has a 720p 4.5-inch screen, you might begin to have second thoughts.
- The back holds an 8 megapixel camera.
- On the front there is a 1.3 megapixel camera, which makes video calling possible.
- Videos can be recorded at 1080p.
- The back camera gives nice shots.
- The 2GHz Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor gives efficient processing.
- The accompanying 1 GB RAM is a little less but it will do.
- Response is fast, the processor does a good job with almost all the tasks.
Memory & Battery
- The handset has 8 GB of built in storage.
- The memory can be enhanced by the use of a microSD card.
- The 2040mAh battery will get you through a day of full use. If the handset is more on standby mode it might even make it to second day.
- HTC Desire 610 Android 4.4.2 operating system with HTC Sense 6.
- The interface is not much different from what we are used to.
- The handset is 4G supported.
- Features of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Near Field Communications and GPS are also present.
HTC Desire 610 is not an excellent device, but it has a number of nice elements for example the performance of the handset is fast, camera is remarkable, battery is durable and the design is also good. On the whole considering the price the handset might be worth a try.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below