Alcatel OneTouch POP S3 Review
Alcatel OneTouch POP S3 is a 4G budget device that undercuts all the other budget devices in the market, but is it a must have device or not? Find out in our full review.
The description of Alcatel OneTouch POP S3 includes:
- MediaTek quad-core 1.2GHz processor
- Android 4.3 operating system
- 1GB RAM, 4GB storage and an expansion slot for external memory
- 123mm length; 4mm width and 9.85mm thickness
- A display of 0-inch and 480 x 800 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 130g
- Price of £79.99
- Alcatel has moved away from the normal conventions by producing coloured handsets instead of regular black.
- The design is nice and cheerful.
- The physical material of the handset is completely plastic. The handset feels rather cheap in hand but bear in mind that the handsets are robust and durable.
- A large variety of coloured backplates are available which can replace the original back cover.
- The front facia of all the handsets is white.
- The excess bezel at the top and bottom makes the handset seem large.
- There are three touch buttons beneath the screen for Back, Home and Menu functions.
- Power button and volume rocker button sit on the right edge.
- The top houses a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- The backplate is removed to reveal the slot for SIM and microSD card.
- The handset offers a 4-inch screen with 480 x 800 pixels of display resolution.
- The handset has very limited viewing angles.
- Colours are not bright enough and sometimes the display seems fuzzy.
- The pixel density of the screen is 233ppi.
- Text clarity is not very good either.
- Image and video viewing is just passable.
- The MediaTek quad-core 1.2GHz processor is complemented by 1GB RAM.
- The performance of the handset is good with almost all the tasks.
Memory & Battery
- The handset has 4 GB of built in storage of which less than 2GB is available to the users.
- The memory can be enhanced by the use of micoSD card.
- The 2000mAh removable battery will not get you through the day. The battery ought to be more powerful.
- Alcatel OneTouch POP S3 runs Android 2.3 operating system.
- The handset comes with a lot of pre-installed apps like Facebook, WhatsApp, Shazam and Evernote.
- The handset also has Alcatel OneTouch’s own branded apps.
The handset has many negative and positive points; features are nice, design is also good, processor is responsive but the display is a complete letdown. Alcatel OneTouch POP S3 might be acceptable for those who want 4G service on a very low price.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below