Ecoo Aurora E04 Review
- Dimensions: The Ecoo Aurora E04 is about 156.7 mm tall and 77.5 mm long. Around 9.3 mm wide. Fits comfortably in one hand.
- Weight: Light at only 160g.
- Display: Has a 5.5 inch IPS screen with 1920 x 1080 pixels. The phone have very good color overall reproduction as well as great definition and viewing angles. The bright screen makes it easy to read the display when outdoors.
- Processor: The Ecoo Aurora E04 uses a MediaTek MT6755 with a octa-core Cortex-A53 64-bit processor combined with a Mali-T760 GPU. The Cortex-A53 cores clock at 1.7 GHz each, making it twice as fast as Cortex-A7 processors while using around 30 percent less battery life. The device also has 2 GB of RAM. This all results in a fast and smooth performance, including for gaming and video watching.
- Connectivity: This device has an GPS, microUSB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth
- This is a dual-sim phone with slots for a micro SIM and a normal SIM.
- Can be used in most countries in the world with quad-band GSM (allows 2G to work almost anywhere); dual-band 3G, on 900 and 2100MHz; and quad-band 4G LTE on 800/1800/2100/2600MHz. Because it features 3G and 4g, the phone will work in almost all countries in Europe and Asia.
- Storage: Provides 16GB of flash and has a micro-SD card slot so you can expand up to 32GB.
- Camera: This device features a 16 MP rear facing camera and a 8 MP front camera. These cameras take good, crisp photos featuring accurate color reproduction. Settings features allow you to change details such as exposure level, scene type, face detection, white balance and others. While it is comprehensive, there are no advanced modes or filters. Third-party apps can be easily installed and used.
- Software: The Ecoo Aurora E04 runs on stock Android 4.4.4. and has pre-installed Chainfire Super SU. You can access Google Play and other Google services such as YouTube, Gmail and Google Maps on this device.
- There is a built in fingerprint scanner in the home button which works well. You can set the screen to only unlock when it scans and recognizes your fingerprint.
- The GPS is unreliable. The Ecoo Aurora E04’s GPS is able to get a lock on locations outdoors but when used indoors, a lock is hard to achieve. The lock also does not seem to be very stable or accurate, with a GPS test finding that the precision was over 20 feet for a big margin of error that could get you lost when using navigation software.
- The battery life has considerable room for improvement. The Ecoo Aurora E04 uses an 3000 mAh battery which only results in around a day and 5 hours of usage with about 2.5 hours of on-screen time.
- Internal storage is divided into two: Internal Storage and Phone Storage. Internal Storage is used for apps, while Phone Storage is used for personal data. Internal Storage only has around 6 GB but, if you need more, you have the options to move apps from Internal Storage to Phone Storage from the phone’s settings.
- Speakers: There are two speaker grills locate on the bottom edge of the phone. However, only the right grill works as the left grill is merely decorative. Covering the right grill can badly muffle the sound and affect your audio experience.
- Fingerprint scanner in the home button works well.
Ecco has promised an over-the air update for the Ecoo Aurora E04 which will allow it to used Android 5.0 Lollipop soon. All in all, the Aurora E04 costs around $190, and for its price it is a decent smart phone with good performance.
In the end, the Ecoo Aurora E04 is an interesting 5.5 inch device that features a nice 64-bit processor, a good GPU and 2 GB of RAM. The display size works well with full HD resolution. The promise of an upgrade to Android 5.9 Lollipop makes this phone an even more attractive option.;
What do you think about the Aurora E04?