Apple iPhone 5S vs. HTC One
Apple has announced their newest iPhone, the 5S. Some would say that the iPhone 5S doesn’t really offer anything new from the iPhone 5. In this review, we’re going to look at what the iPhone 5S has to offer compared to another newly announced flagship, the HTC One.iPhone 5S vs. HTC One
Design and build quality
• Even if the Apple iPhone 5S and the HTC One come from different manufacturers, they use similar designs.
• Both the HTC One and the iPhone 5S have aluminum clad bodies which give them a nice heft and feel.
• The iPhone 5S has chamfered edges.
• The HTC One has a sleek design
• The iPhone 5S has a home button that is made of sapphire crystal which a stainless steel detection ring around it.
Display iPhone 5S vs. HTC One
• The display of the iPhone 5S is a 4-inch Retina display.
• The display of the iPhone 5S is sRGB standard and is capable of widescreen video.
• The resolution of the display of the iPhone 5S has a 640 x 1,136 resolution. This gives the 5S’s screen a pixel density of 326 pixels per inch.
• The display of the HTC One is a 4.7 inch Full HD Super LCD 3 screen.
• The display of the HTC One has a resolution of 1,980 x 1,080 for a pixel density of 468 pixels per inch.
Camera iPhone 5S vs. HTC One
• The camera in the iPhone 5S is an 8MP with an f2.2 aperture.
• The iPhone 5S has a two-LED flash. One is cool and white and the other is warm amber. The combination of these two flashes gives photos taken in low-light a more natural tone.
• The camera on the 5S has a 15 percent larger active sensor area than cameras found in previous iPhones.
• Optimizations have been made to the iOS7 which makes for better images.
• The camera app in the 5S now has auto image stabilization and a new burst more that can take 10 frames a second.
• The 5S’s camera can take 720p video at 120 fps.
• The HTC One has a 4 UltraPixel rear camera.
• The camera on the HTC One has optical image stabilization or OIS.
• Sense 5 gives you a lot of camera app features such as HDR, Panorama, HTC Zoe and others.
• The battery used in the iPhone 5S is non-removable.
• The iPhone 5S comes with a Li-Po 1,570 mAh battery.
• The battery of the 5S allows for around 10 hours of battery life on LTE and for Wi-Fi browsing.
• The battery of the HTC One is also non-removable.
• The battery of the HTC One is a Li-Po 2,300 mAh.
• How much battery life you get with the One’s battery depends on what activities you engage in.
Other specs iPhone 5S vs. HTC One
• The processing package of the iPhone 5S is an A7 64-bit, dual-core chip.
• This is clocked at around 1.3 GHz.
• Apple claims that the processing package of the iPhone 5S will have 40x the CPU performance and 56x faster graphics than what was found in the original iPhone.
• The iPhone 5s has 1 GB of RAM.
• There are three versions of the iPhone 5S for onboard storage. There are 16, 32 and 64 GB storage options.
• The iPhone 5S has a fingerprint scanner that the user can use to unlock their device and to buy things at the App Store.
• The HTC One has a processing package that consists of a quad-core Snapdragon 600.
• This is clocked at around 1.7 GHz.
• The HTC One has 2 GB of RAM.
• There are two versions of the HTC One for onboard storage. These are 32 GB and 64 GB. However, the 64 GB version is only available through the carrier AT&T.
Software iPhone 5S vs. HTC One
• iPhone 5S uses the latest version of iOS, the IOS 7.
• With the iOS 7, Apple has almost completely redesigned their mobile operating system and have included a number of new features.
• The HTC one uses Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and Sense 5.
• There is an expected update to Android, the Android 4.2, soon.
• HTC one has a few preloaded apps developed by HTC and some useful features built into the OS.
Apple has succeeded in making a pretty impressive device in the iPhone 5S. The iPhone 5S isn’t a phone that needs to be super powerful as it uses Apple’s iOS which is not as demanding as Android. Neither are any of the preloaded apps on the 5S very demanding to the system.
The HTC One is a big favorite for Android users and it has many strong points that make this status well deserved. Some of these are the large screen, the good camera, and the powerful speakers.
Both the iPhone 5S and the HTC One are good devices. We will admit that we were a bit disappointed that the 5S doesn’t show any big changes from the iPhone 5 but other than that, it’s a great device.
What do you think about the iPhone 5S vs. HTC One?