Samsung Galaxy S6 vs. Apple iPhone 6
Samsung and Apple have released the sixth iterations of their respective flagship smartphones. We take an in-depth look at the Galaxy S6 and iPhone6 and compare the two.
|iPhone 6/Plus||Samsung Galaxy S6|
|Display||4.7-inch IPS LCD
1334 x 750 resolution, 326 ppi5.5-inch IPS LCD
1920 x 1080, 401 ppi – iPhone 6 Plus
|5.1-inch Super AMOLED
2560 x 1440 resolution, 577 ppi
|Processor||1.4 GHz dual-core Apple A8||Exynos 7420|
|RAM||1 GB||3 GB|
|Storage||32/64/128 GB||32/64/128 GB|
|Camera||8 MP rear camera
1.2 MP front-facing camera
with OIS for iPhone 6 Plus
|16 MP rear camera with OIS
5 MP front-facing camera with 90 degree wide angle lens
Bluetooth 4.0, NFC (Apple Pay only), GPS+GLONASS
Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, GPS+GLONASS
|Networks||3G/4G LTE||LTE cat 6 300/50|
2,915 mAh – iPhone 6 Plus
WPC and PMA-compatible wireless charging
|Software||iOS 8||Android 5.0 Lollipop|
|Dimensions||138.1 x 67 x 6.9 mm
129 grams158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1 mm
172 grams – iPhone 6 Plus
|143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8 mm
|Colors||Space gray, silver, gold||Black, white, gold, blue|
- Both use a lot of metal: Apple uses a full metal unibody design, while the Galaxy S6 has a metal frame that holds together two glass panels at the front and the back
- Galaxy S6 retains classic button layout of Samsung devices
- Galaxy 36 lacks a removable backing which means they also did away with removable batteries and expandable storage
- iPhone 6 is 0.1 mm thicker than the Galaxy S6
- 1 inch screen for Galaxy S6, while the iPhone 6 has two options, a 4.7-inch screen for the iPhone 6 and a 5.5-inch screen for the 6 Plus
- iPhone 6 has a 1334×750 resolution and 1920 x 1080
- iPhone 6 has a pixel density of 326 ppi and 401 ppi
- S6 uses Quad HD with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 resolution for 577 ppi.
Samsung Galaxy S6
- Android Lollipop 5.0
- Samsung’s in-house 2 GHz octa-core Exynos 7420 processor backed by the Mali-T760 GPU and 3GB of RAM.
- Touchwiz UI
- Fluid experience through the interface and even among different apps.
- the 1.4 GHz dual-core Apple A8 with 1 GB of RAM
- Few problems with operating system
- Both have 32, 64, or 128 GB options
- Neither have expandable storage
- Both have fingerprint reads in their home buttons
- Speakers of both located in the bottom.
- Galaxy S6 speakers are a little louder
- Galaxy S has a 2,550 mAh unit for about a day and a half of sue on power saving mode, 12 hours with moderate daily usage
- Has fast charging
- iPhone 6 has a 1,810 mAh unit with no fast charging
- 12 hours of battery life with moderate daily usage
- Both iPhone models deliver quality photo and video taking experience with only the iPhone 6 Plus having OIS
- Camera applications in the iPhone 6 are minimalistic with few extra settings aside from filters and automatic HDR
- Has slow motion and time-lapse
- 8 MP sensor
- Has f/1.9 apertures
- More customization to photos, including the option to change picture and video sizes, a pro mode with the ability to manually focus the shot, and a manual mode. Also offers panorama and slow motion video.
- Better low light performance
- 16 MP sensor
- Good color reproduction, sharpness and minimal noise reduction.
- Apple OS has been upgraded to iOS7
- Androids Touchwiz has been upgraded as well
If you want either a bigger or a smaller screen with the proven power of iOs, then the iPhone 6 is probably the one for you. If what you want is a more powerful screen and more robust camera experience, the Samsung Galaxy 6 is more your style. Overall both give a good and smooth operating experience for the price you pay.
Which one do you think better suits you?