Introducing A Guide To Rooting Your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 was released on November 2013. It’s a great phone that runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean out of the box. If you want to unleash the full potential of this device, however, you are going to want to root it.
In this guide, we’re going to show you a method to root a Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102. If you are wondering why you might want to do so, here are a few reasons:
- Rooting gives you complete access over all phone data which would otherwise be locked by manufacturers.
- You can remove factory restrictions and also make changes to the devices internal systems and operating systems.
- You will be able to install apps which can enhance the performance of your device and upgrade its battery life.
- You will be able to install apps which need root access
- You will be able to remove built-in apps and programs
- You can use mods, flash custom recoveries and ROMS
Prepare your Phone:
- This guide is only for use with the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 and not with any other devices. Check your device’s model number by going to Settings>General>About device.
- Make sure that your device is running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
- Your battery has 60 percent of its charge.
- Back up important media content, messages, contacts and call logs.
- Have an OEM data cable to establish a connection between your phone and a PC.
- Turn off any antivirus programs and firewalls to prevent connection issues.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we ore the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Odin OC
- Samsung USB drivers
- CF-Root file here
Root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102:
- Open Odin3.
- Put your Galaxy Grand 4 into download mode by pressing and holding down on the volume down, home and power keys at the same time. When you see a warning on your screen, press volume up to continue.
- Connect phone to the PC.
- When Odin detects the phone, you will see the ID:COM box turn light blue.
- Click the PDA tab. Select the CF-autoroot file you downloaded.
- If you have Odin v3.09, instead of the PDA tab, use the AP tab.
- Make sure that your Odin looks like the photo shown below.
- Click start to start flashing process. You will see a process bar in the first box above ID:COM
- The process should be over in a few seconds and when it is done, your phojne should restart and you will see CF Autoroot installing SuperSu on the phone.
- You should now have now rooted the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2
Is the device is properly rooted or not?
- Go to Google Play Store on your phone
- Find and install “Root Checker” here and install it.
- Open Root Checker.
- Tap “Verify Root”.
- You will be asked for SuperSu rights, tap “Grant”.
- If the device is properly rooted, you will see Root Access Verified Now!
Have you rooted your Galaxy Grand 2?
Share you experience in the comments box below.