Introduction of A Comparison between Samsung Galaxy Note5 and Samsung Galaxy S6
Samsung has been working on producing sophisticated handsets to end the complaints about their plasticky designs. Galaxy Note5 and Galaxy S6 almost came out at the same time, many of their features are also similar that is why we are putting them against each other to see which one scores better.Read the full review to know more.
- Both the Note 5 and Galaxy S6 have been designed in the latest Samsung way. The design is attractive.
- The physical material of both the devices is metal and glass.
- Both the devices feel sturdy in hand.
- Measuring 2 x 76.1 mm in length and width Note 5 is very large for pockets.
- While at 143.4 x 70.5mm S6 is comfortable for one hand use, this is a thing which is not possible with note 5.
- Note 5 measures 7.6mm in thickness while S6 measures 6.8mm.
- Note 5 weighs 171g while S6 weighs 138g.
- The screen to body ratio of Note 5 is 75%+.
- The screen to body ratio of S6 is 70%.
- The button arrangement beneath the screen for both devices is the same. On the centre there is a rounded rectangular Home button. The Home button has a finger print scanner.
- The button for Menu and Back functions are on either side of the Home button.
- On the bottom Edge of Note 5 and S6 you will find the micro USB port and the 3.5mm headphone jack.
- On the right edge of S6 you will find a power button along with a slot for Nano SIM. The location of the power button for Note 5 is also on the right edge.
- The Nano SIM slot for Note 5 is on the top edge.
- The stylus pen is tucked in at the lower right corner of Note 5, it also has the push to eject feature.
- Volume rocker button is located on the right edge of S6.
- The display size of S6 is 5.1inches while for Note 5 is 5.7inches.
- The display resolution of Note 5 is 1440 x 2560 pixels, with pixel density at 518ppi.
- S6 also has the same display resolution as Note 5 but the pixel count goes to 577ppi.
- Both of them have Quad HD Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen.
- The color calibration for both the screen is good.
- You can hardly notice the difference in pixel count.
- The display is great for multimedia activities.
- The viewing angles are good.
- The screens can be used with gloves on as they have a highly sensitive touch.
Memory & Battery
- Note 5 is available in two versions on the basis of memory, one has 32 GB of built in storage while the other has 64 GB.
- S6 has 3 versions of 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB.
- None of the two devices have a slot for external storage so choose wisely.
- S6 has a 2550mAh non-removable battery and Note 5 has a 3000mAh non removable battery.
- The scores for the constant screen on time for Note 5 are 9 hours+ while for S6 are 7hours.
- Both the phones charge pretty quickly, both of them take about an hour and a half.
- Option for wireless charging is also available Note 5 take 2 hours while S6 takes 3 hours.
- Both of the devices have Exynos 7420 chipset.
- Even the processor on both devices is the same which is Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57.
- Mali-T760MP8 is the GPU is the same on both of them.
- The RAM specification on both the devices is different on S6 you will get 3 GB RAM while on Note 5 you will get 4 GB RAM.
- The performance is very smooth and fast on both the devices.
- The rear camera on both the device is of 16 megapixels.
- Even the front camera is same at 5 megapixels.
- The camera quality of both the camera is same.
- Videos can be recorded at 1080p and 4K.
- The colors of the images are fantastic.
- Image clarity is awesome.
- Double tap on the home button will take you straight to the camera app.
- Note 5 has a few extra tweaks in the camera app as compared to S6.
- The S6 runs Android OS, v5.0.2 (Lollipop) operating system, which can be upgraded to Android 5.1.1.
- Note 5 runs Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop).
- TouchWiz interface has been applied on both devices.
- The call quality on both handsets is amazing.
- There are many tweaks in the Gallery app on both devices.
- Note 5offers more features as compared to S6 due to the addition of the Stylus pen.
- All the communication features are present on both devices so they are equal in that department.
For those of you looking for an upgrade Note 5 is a more worthy option as compared to S6. The battery life on Note 5 is very pleasing as well as the display size; Note 5 is great for multimedia activities and browsing. All the other specifications on both the devices are same so Note has upped itself due to its display size.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below