Samsung Galaxy Note5 and LG G4 Comparison
LG G4 and Galaxy Note 5 are arch enemies like their predecessors LG G3 and Galaxy Note 4, so how will they fair against each other when their specifications are put to test? Read on to know the answer.
- The design of Galaxy Note 5 is extremely exquisite and elegant. It is definitely a head turning design.
- The design of LG G4 is warm and it has an industrial feel to it.
- The physical material of the Note 5 is glass and metal.
- On the front and rear of Note five there is a Gorilla Glass covering, the backplate is shiny.
- The leather back gives G4 a different more soft feeling. It does not feel as premium as Note 5 but it is good I its own way. The back plate of G4 has a large curve.
- Note 5 is a fingerprint magnet.
- When the two handsets are place side by side it feels a perfect clash of aged and modern aesthetics.
- The screen to body ratio of Note 5 is 75.9%.
- The screen to body ratio of G4 is 72.5%.
- Note 5 weighs 171g while G4 weighs 155g.
- Note 5 is 7.5mm in thickness while G4 varies from 6.3mm to 9.8mm.
- Power button on Note 5 is on the right edge.
- Volume rocker button is on the left edge.
- Micro USB port, headphone jack and speaker placement is on the bottom edge.
- On the left edge of Note 5 there is a slot for stylus pen that has the cool new push to eject feature.
- LG G4 does not have any buttons on the sides, power and volume keys have been placed on the back of the handset.
- One of the biggest advantages of G4 is that it has a removable battery and microSD card slot beneath the back plate.
- Note 5 comes in Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, Silver Titan and White Pearl colours.
- LG G4 is available in Grey, White, Gold, Leather Black, Leather Brown and Leather Red.
- Note 5 has Super AMOLED display of 5.7 inches. The screen has Quad HD display resolution.
- The pixel density of the device is 518ppi.
- Maximum brightness of Note 5 is 470nits and minimum brightness is at 2 nits.
- Maximum brightness of LG G4 is 454nits and minimum brightness is at 2 nits.
- So they are almost equal on this ground.
- LG G4 has 5.5 inch IPS LCD touch screen.
- This device also offers Quad HD(1440×2560 pixels) display resolution.
- The pixel density of G4 is 538ppi.
- The colours temperature of LG G$ is 8031 kelvin and for Note 5 it is 6722 K. The reference temperature is 6500k. Hence the display of Note 5 is better in terms of color calibrations and color saturation. The colours on G4 feel very cold and bluish.
- Galaxy has a 16 megapixel camera on the back while the front holds a 5 megapixel camera.
- LG G4 has 1.8 aperture lens of 16 MP Rear Camera and 8 MP Front Camera.
- LG G4 as laser-assisted auto-focus and a dedicated color spectrum sensor that produces natural color production.
- There are many auto and manual modes in both smartphones to complement its camera
- In bright pictures, Samsung produces warm toned pictures while LG produces natural pictures due to its color spectrum sensor.
- Samsung produces sharper and vivid pictures but auto mode produces a bit pale pictures in it.
- Along with scene exposure, the pictures in LG are more detailed.
- In HDR mode, Samsung has more warm white balance and LG G4 has natural white balance but Samsung do better in this mode.
- In low light, Samsung is better at keeping the images more clear and vivid but LG confuses color tones and doesn’t produce clear pictures.
- LG G4 does a little better in night time shots, as it produces more natural pictures compared to Samsung.
- The selfies are more detailed on the LG G4.
- In video mode both the handsets are more equal but Note 5 produced a bit sharper and cleaner videos.
- The OPS worked nicely on both devices. Note 5 did a better job at reducing the noise as compared to LG G4.
- There is a abundance of modes on both devices.
- Videos can be recorded in 4K and HD mode.
- The chipset system on Note 5 is Exynos 7420.
- Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57 is the processor.
- The processor is accompanied by 4 GB RAM.
- The graphic unit is Mali-T760 MP8.
- LG G4 has Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808 chipset and Quad-core 1.44 GHz Cortex-A53 & dual-core 1.82 GHz Cortex-A57 processor.
- The graphic unit which has been used is Adreno 418.
- The performance of Note 5 is better than LG G4.
- With such a generous RAM on Note 5 heavy games are very smooth. In graphically advance games a small amount of stutter was noticed on LG G4.
- Other than that the performance of the both handsets on a daily basis is almost equal.
Memory and Battery
- Note 5 comes in two version 32 GB and 64 GB.
- LG G4 has 32 GB of built in storage.
- Note 5 lacks the slot for external memory where as G4 comes with this advantage. G4 can support and SD card up to 128 GB.
- Note 5 and G4 both have a 3000mAh but Note 5 has a removable one where as G4 has a non removable one.
- The total screen on time for Note 5 is 9 hours and 11 minutes while for G4 it is 6 hours and 6 minutes.
- The charging time from 0 to 100% for Note 5 is 81minutes and for G4 it is 127minutes.
- Both handsets support wireless charging.
- Both handsets runs Android Lollipop operating system.
- Samsung has used its trademark TouchWiz interface.
- LG has used LG’s UX 4.0 user interface.
- The Android on Note 5 is very flexible and comes with tons of features which are loved by all but so does LG.
- Fingerprint scanner is embedded in the home button on Note 5 devices.
- Note 5 comes with a stylus pen, there are so many features you can explore with this pen. This is what makes Note 5 stand out among the crowd.
- The call quality on both devices is excellent.
- The features of 4G LTE, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Glonass, GPS and NFC are present on both devices.
Both the devices are amazing full of specification. The only thing Note 5 lacks is a removable battery and a microSD card slot, we tended to like Note 5 a bit more than LG G4 due to its advanced technology but it mostly depends on people’s preferences. At the end of the day you can choose either of the devices.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below