The Comparison between LG G4 and HTC One M9
On one side is One M9 HTC’s finest creation of the year, and on the other side is the leather clad LG G4 which reminds us what was good about old handsets. So how will they fare when they are put in the same cage? That is a question which can be answered through this review.
- The design of LG G4 is a little simple where as the design of One M9 feels very premium in comparison.
- The physical material of One M9 is pure metal, it feels very durable in hand.
- The One M9 has a flat front and a slightly curved back but LG G4 has an arched back.
- The back plate of G4 has leather covering but underneath it all it is actually plastic. The plastic might not impress you but bear in mind that it is very durable and long lasting. It can even handle a few drops.
- LG G4 Pure does not feel very premium but it is a good looking device.
- One M9 weighs 157g while LG G4 weighs 155g so both of them are on the same level.
- One M9 has a 5.0 inch display and LG G4 has a 5.5 inch display.
- LG G4 measures 9 x 76.1mm in length and width while One M9 measures 144.6 x 69.7.
- One M9 measures 9.6mm in thickness while LG G4 measures at 9.8mm, again on equal grounds.
- The major thing is that the screen to body ratio of LG G4 is 72.5% while that of One M9 is 68.4%.
- LG G4 has a better grip due to the leather back whereas One M9 is somewhat slippery.
- One M9 is a fingerprint magnet where as LG G4 is not.
- The navigation buttons for both LG G4 and One M9 are on the screen
- Power and volume keys can be found on the back of LG G4.
- For One M9 power key and volume key are on the right edge.
- Dual speakers are above and below the screen, headphone jack and USB port are present on the bottom edge of the One M9.
- The speakers for LG G4 are present above the screen.
- LG G4 is available in Grey, White, Gold, Leather Black, Leather Brown and Leather Red.
- One M9 is available in colours of Gunmetal Gray, Amber Gold, Silver/Rose gold, Gold/Pink, Pink.
- One M9 has a 5.9 inch Super LCD 3. The resolution is 1080 x 1920 pixels.
- LG G4 has 5.5 inch IPS LCD touch screen.
- This device also offers Quad HD(1440×2560 pixels) display resolution.
- The pixel density of LG G4 is 538ppi while that of One M9 is 441ppi.
- The color temperature of LG G4 is 8031 Kelvin while that of One M9 is 8114 Kelvin.
- Both of the screens display cold colours.
- The maximum brightness of One M9 is 508nits while that of LG G4 is 454nits.
- The minimum brightness of One M9 is 10nits while that of LG G4 is 2nits.
- Viewing angles of LG G4 are better as compared to One M9.
- The color calibration of both One M9 and LG G4 are poor.
- The pixel density of 538ppi on LG G4 accounts for much sharper display as compared to One M9 but we didn’t notice any pixelization on One M9.
- The screens are good for eBook reading and videos.
- Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 chipset system.
- The installed processor is Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2 GHz Cortex-A57.
- The RAM on One M9 is 3 GB.
- Adreno 430 is the GPU on One M9.
- LG G4 has Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808 chipset and Quad-core 1.44 GHz Cortex-A53 & dual-core 1.82 GHz Cortex-A57 processor.
- G4 also has 4 GB RAM.
- The graphic unit which has been used is Adreno 418.
- The performance of both handsets is very fast. G4 has a higher resolution that is why it is a tad slower than One M9.
- 3D gaming is more fluid on One M9 as compared to LG.
- Daily tasks are performed very easily on both devices.
Memory & Battery
- One M9 has 32 GB built in storage.
- LG G4 also has 32 GB of built in storage.
- Both handsets have an expendable storage slot for increasing the memory.
- One M9 has a 2840mAh non removable battery.
- G4 has a 3000mAh removable battery.
- The total screen on time for G4 is 6 hours and 6 minutes.
- The constant screen on time for One M9 is 6 hours and 25 minutes.
- The charging time from 0 to 100% for G4 is 127 minutes while for One M9 it is 106 minutes.
- G4 supports wireless charging.
- One M9 has a 4 megapixels front camera, on back there is a 20 megapixels one.
- The camera has a dual LED flash.
- The camera app does not have many features but the few it has are excellent.
- LG G4 has a wide lens of 1.8 apertures of 16 MP Rear Camera and 8 MP Front Camera.
- It has a single LED flash, laser autofocus.
- The feature of tri-axis optical image stabilization is present in LG G4.
- The white balance is adjusted on LG G4 by a color spectrum sensor placed beneath the LED flash.
- The camera app of G4 is filled with features; there are so many things to try. Camera enthusiast will certainly be attracted to it.
- The G4’s selfie camera has a larger aperture so group selfies can be accommodated easily.
- Both devices can now record HD and 4K videos.
- The videos from both cameras are very detailed.
- LG G4 camera gives natural colours while One M9 gives warm colours.
- LG G4 gives better images as their colours are close to natural.
- LG has also won due to better images in lowlight conditions.
- Videos of LG G4 are more detailed.
- Both LG G4 and One M9 run Android Lollipop operating system.
- One M9 is upgradable to marshmallow.
- HTC has applied the new Sense 7 user interface while LG has used UX 4.0.
- The interface of M9 is better and more fast.
- The call quality of One M9 is better than LG G4.
- The gallery app of One M9 is more neatly organized as compared to G4.
- The speakers of One M9 are more powerful.
- Both handsets use Google Chrome browser, browsing is smooth and lag free.
- Both phones have the same communication features; Bluetooth, dual band Wi-Fi, HSPA, LTE, NFC, aGPS and Glonass.
Both the handsets put up a good fight, both of them have a lot to offer but one stood out just a little more due to its large screen, better camera, faster processor and new features. Our pick of the day is LG G4 but you can pick whichever you liked better.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below