iPhone 6s Plus And LG G4 Comparison
iPhone 6s Plus has every bit of chance at success just like its predecessor, released half a year earlier but still in demand is LG G4. Which one will come up when they are put against each other? If you really want to choose between the two handsets then here is the fully detailed review. Read it to know all about them.
- The design of LG G4 is simple where as the design of iPhone 6s plus feels very premium and modern comparison.
- LG G4 has an industrial look and it feels very strong and durable in hand.
- The LG G4 is totally made of plastic, with leather back and various other designs.
- The leather back gives G4 a different more soft feeling. It does not feel as premium as Note 5 but it is good in its own way. The back plate of G4 has a large curve.
- The physical material of 6s Plus is pure aluminum which is of top notch quality making it more durable than iPhone 6s.
- When the two handsets are place side by side it feels a perfect clash of aged and modern aesthetics.
- The screen to body ratio of 6s Plus is 67.7%. This means that there is a lot of bezel above and below the screen on 6s plus.
- The screen to body ratio of G4 is 72.5%.
- 6s Plus weighs 192g while G4 weighs 155g. G4 feels much lighter than 6s Plus.
- 6s Plus is 7.3mm in thickness while G4 varies from 6.3mm to 9.8mm
- Both of the devices have a 5.5 inch display but G4 is a little smaller than 6s Plus.
- Apple logo on the back of iPhone cannot stay smudge proof.
- For iPhone power key is on the right edge and volume key is on the left edge.
- Home button is located below the screen which also has a finger print scanner incorporated into it.
- Dual speakers, headphone jack and USB port are present on the bottom edge of the iPhone.
- LG G4 does not have any buttons on the sides, power and volume keys have been placed on the back of the handset.
- One of the biggest advantages of G4 is that it has a removable battery and microSD card slot beneath the back plate.
- 6s plus comes in colours of gray, silver, gold and rose gold.
- LG G4 is available in Grey, White, Gold, Leather Black, Leather Brown and Leather Red.
- iPhone has a 5.5 inch LED IPS display. The resolution is 1080 x 1920 pixels.
- iPhone has a new Pressure Sense technology named 3D touch, that can make distinction between Soft touch and hard touch.
- LG G4 has 5.5 inch IPS LCD touch screen.
- This device also offers Quad HD(1440×2560 pixels) display resolution.
- The pixel density of LG G4 is 538ppi while that of 6s plus is 401ppi.
- The color temperatures of LG G4 is 8031 Kelvin while that of 6s Plus is 7018 Kelvin. The color temperature of 7018Kelvin is more accurate as it is closer to the reference temperature (6500).
- The maximum brightness of 6s plus is 593nits while that of LG G4 is 454nits.
- The minimum brightness of 6s plus is 5nits while that of LG G4 is 3nits.
- Viewing angles of both the devices are very good.
- The color calibration of iPhone is better than LG G4.
- The pixel density of 538ppi on LG G4 accounts for much sharper display as compared to 6s plus.
- 6s plus has Apple A9 chipset system.
- iPhone has a Dual-core 1.84 GHz Twister processor.
- The processor is accompanied by 2 GB RAM.
- LG G4 has Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808 chipset and Quad-core 1.44 GHz Cortex-A53 & dual-core 1.82 GHz Cortex-A57 processor.
- The graphic unit which has been used is Adreno 418.
- The performance of both handsets is very fast. G4 has a higher resolution that is why it is a tad slower than 6s plus.
- 3D gaming is more fluid on iphone as compared to LG.
- Daily tasks are performed very easily on both devices.
Memory & Battery
- 6s plus comes in three versions of built in memory; 16 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB.
- LG G4 has 32 GB of built in storage.
- The memory cannot be increased on the iPhone but there is an expendable storage slot in LG G4.
- 6s plus has a 2750mAh non removable battery.
- G4 has a 3000mAh removable battery.
- The total screen on time for G4 is 6 hours and 6 minutes.
- The constant screen on time for 6s plus is 9 hours and 11 minutes.
- The charging time from 0 to 100% for 6s plus is 165 minutes while for G4 it is 127 minutes.
- G4 supports wireless charging.
- 6s plus has a 5 megapixels front camera, on back there is a 12 megapixels one.
- The camera has a dual LED flash.
- The camera app does not have many features but the few it has are excellent.
- LG G4 has a wide lens of 1.8 aperture of 16 MP Rear Camera and 8 MP Front Camera.
- It has a single LED flash.
- Both of the cameras give stunning outdoor shots.
- Both cameras give highly detailed images.
- 6s plus has a new feature of live pictures that turns photos into short videos.
- Both devices can now record HD and 4K videos.
- Apple phone can shoot videos of unlimited length it there is free storage while LG G4 can only shoot five minute video at a time.
- The videos from both cameras are very detailed.
- LG G4 camera gives natural colours while 6s plus gives warm colours.
- 6s plus has a narrower aperture as compared to LG G4.
- 6s plus runs iOS 9 operating system which is upgradable to iOS 9.0.2.
- LG G4 runs Android Lollipop operating system.
- The multimedia player of LG G4 is less cumbersome as we don’t have to connect to iTunes for smalls tasks.
- The editing apps on both devices are very good.
- The music player on 6s plus is more fun due to Apple integration.
- LG G4 accepts any kind of music and video format.
- The speakers on LG G4 are louder than 6s plus.
- The call quality on both devices is excellent.
- The features of aGPS, Glonass, LTE, dual band Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth are present on 6s plus.
- LG G4 supports a micro SIM while 6s plus supports a Nano SIM.
- Safari browser on 6s is smoother as compared to the browser on LG G4.
- The feature of fingerprint scanner of 6s plus is very useful.
- The double knock feature to open and lock the screen on LG G4 is very useful.
- An Infrared blaster is also present on LG G4, so it can also be used as a remote control.
Both of the devices are for different kinds of users because on one hand there is a premium device with all the big features while on the other hand we have a very reliable handset. It all comes down to the price; LG G4 is available at $450 and iPhone 6s plus costs $750. At a lesser prices LG G4 competes very nicely with 6s plus. There are a few drawbacks to the device, but we can easily learn to live with them if we are not too choosy, so our pick of the day is LG G4.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below